• Paid Members
3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Thought Vikingo vs Omega was fun once it got going but I’m in the same boat as Loki in that the flippy stuff isn’t my bag. Adding three flips to a standard moonsault looks impressive but doesn’t have the same impact for me as a standard moonsault.

The irony is, with the extra rotations there is more impact. But I digress.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the Vikingo match for what it was. A one off pure spectacle exhibition match. If I was 11 years old I'd probably think it was the best match I've ever seen. Can't say I have much more interest in seeing Vikingo outside of the occasional special appearance. But that's what's so fun about AEW and makes it special - you can have just random one offs like this to spice things up a bit.

41 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I enjoyed the Vikingo match for what it was. A one off pure spectacle exhibition match. If I was 11 years old I'd probably think it was the best match I've ever seen. Can't say I have much more interest in seeing Vikingo outside of the occasional special appearance. But that's what's so fun about AEW and makes it special - you can have just random one offs like this to spice things up a bit.

Yeah, that's spot on @LaGoosh.  I may grumble about the styles, and the random appearances of old Japanese men, but it does make AEW feel like a part of a wider wrestling world, which is something I really like. 

11 hours ago, Supremo said:

Even as a self-confessed gullible mug who would welcome CM Punk back and can convince myself he’ll change his ways this time, him returning seems less likely than ever.

Do you think? The fact we've heard nothing at all about his departure has me feeling differently. Why keep him under contract for so long if you have no intention of bringing him back? 

Anyway, I thought that was a phenomenal show, and everything between The Elite and BCC was done exceptionally well. Wheeler Yuta is a delight as a heel. If they want to make the International Title matter, put it on Yuta and let him keep doing what he's doing. Fans will be clamouring for him to lose and get his comeuppance. 

This possibly won't be a popular opinion on here, but Adam Cole is a fucking brilliant babyface. He comes across as likeable and relatable - he's exactly what they need on the babyface side of the roster. I'm not particularly keen on seeing what I assume (based on the Garcia interaction) will be a first feud with Jericho, but that's entirely down to Jericho's current character being a bit pants. 

People also seem to have soured on FTR on these forums, but I don't want to see them go. It would give AEW a massive lift if they started retaining the talent whose futures have been in doubt. Seeing them resign FTR, Omega and The Bucks on long term deals; then perhaps even MJF next year? That would be great. 

• Paid Members

I take it back. He can’t change. He won’t change. He isn’t coming back. Cover up his face.

39EFA471-C120-427D-AFAC-F7BB33F0C54B.thumb.jpeg.ecde0183aaf4ee79440a1ce2f239b4c4.jpeg

Plus, what type of weirdo has never seen a Rocky film? Who is he?! Michael Owen?! I’d fire him just for that fact alone. Take FTR with you.

Edited by Supremo

11 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I take it back. He can’t change. He won’t change. He isn’t coming back. Cover up his face.

39EFA471-C120-427D-AFAC-F7BB33F0C54B.thumb.jpeg.ecde0183aaf4ee79440a1ce2f239b4c4.jpeg

Plus, what type of weirdo has never seen a Rocky film? Who is he?! Michael Owen?! I’d fire him just for that fact alone. Take FTR with you.

He’s basically spent ten years unemployed and at no point watched a Rocky film, I don’t even want to know what he was doing instead. Never experienced anyone refuse to lose to him is funny as that’s the common story of his approach to the Hangman match.
Send him and all the Whiney bastards back to New York, let him, FTR, MIro and anyone else with a super inflated idea of how good they are go back and get a reminder they weren’t seen as much there either. They aren’t growing aew so use the money trying something else 

31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Plus, what type of weirdo has never seen a Rocky film?

Ummmm…😅

31 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I also take back what I said. It’s very unlikely that he’s coming back. Perhaps something has happened to make this clear to him today, hence that out-of-nowhere post. He’s obviously a very bitter, petty person; but I do agree with @d-d-d-dAz, if there’s any truth in the aspect of his post regarding being cleared, it’s not great.

Edited by RedRooster