I reckon Goldberg could certainly pop a rating and a one-time PPV buy-rate. I feel like it's kind of inevitable that TK is going to offer him *something*, he won't be able to help himself. If you're Goldberg and TK offers you $1m+ for a single match, plus a couple TVs? You're not turning that down.

• Paid Members

Five days of having to read all those bad faith, "but what's the story?" takes, and then they go and deliver one of the greatest TV matches of all time, layering it into their biggest and best storyline that's been going on for years. On the same day that Forbidden Door sells out in hours.

Can you even imagine the wank Tony Khan is having tonight?

Anyway, some brilliant long term storytelling on this show. Eight years in the making. It doesn’t matter if it’s WWE or AEW. They all end up covering up CM Punk’s face in a gloriously petty manner.

1F5D8D2D-F31D-46DF-9266-CC0107DB2F4F.thumb.jpeg.7026f5ab6058958db6cea762b64dc07e.jpeg

91B42650-6AE5-4F17-8BE2-D8D71DA01AF6.thumb.jpeg.1fab3befd68ed7c7a216d37a82d6c25a.jpeg

Touché. 

Edited by Supremo

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Five days of having to read all those bad faith, "but what's the story?" takes, and then they go and deliver one of the greatest TV matches of all time, layering it into their biggest and best storyline that's been going on for years. On the same day that Forbidden Door sells out in hours.

Can you even imagine the wank Tony Khan is having tonight?

Anyway, some brilliant long term storytelling on this show. Eight years in the making. It doesn’t matter if it’s WWE or AEW. They all end up covering up CM Punk’s face in a gloriously petty manner.

1F5D8D2D-F31D-46DF-9266-CC0107DB2F4F.thumb.jpeg.7026f5ab6058958db6cea762b64dc07e.jpeg

91B42650-6AE5-4F17-8BE2-D8D71DA01AF6.thumb.jpeg.1fab3befd68ed7c7a216d37a82d6c25a.jpeg

Touché. 

A simple misunderstanding after New health & safety rule was shared that you can only lean tables again a straight edge 

• Paid Members

My main takeaways:

Red, white and blue ropes....absolutely beautiful. Love to see it.

Daniel Garcia's leather jacket 90s boy band look is absolutely perfect for his arrogant asshole who is actually deeply insecure on the inside character.

Stokeley Hathaway has defied all odds and somehow become an entertaining character. Finally!

Austin Gunn has peak Brian Christopher glorious annoying twat energy. I hope the Gunns send FTR packing back to WWE.

Threading in a show long long term story around your dream showcase exhibition match is so genius. This story was already buzzing but now throwing in the extra layer of Don Callis being a sneaky fuck and trying to pull Omega away from the Bucks and Hangman to keep him as HIS top level singles star is just perfect.

Also...no Jericho felt like a breath of fresh air. QTV is really bad though.

A few strong midcard stories, drop the Juice Robinsons of the world, bring back Joe, Pac, Rush and an escalation of the World title story and these shows will be out of this world.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

The only thing that could enhance it is the BCC bringing in CM Punk as there 4th man as BD wants to stay at home with his family.

No thanks. Weeks of shooty nonsense promos and then Punk gets injured in his first match back before inevitably throwing his toys out the pram again...not particularly enticing. No way brittle Punk could keep up in the ring with an absolute machine like Omega.

But Danielson back as a heel to smash the shit out of the Bucks and have a rematch with Kenny...that I can very much get on board with.

15 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

No thanks. Weeks of shooty nonsense promos and then Punk gets injured in his first match back before inevitably throwing his toys out the pram again...not particularly enticing. No way brittle Punk could keep up in the ring with an absolute machine like Omega.

But Danielson back as a heel to smash the shit out of the Bucks and have a rematch with Kenny...that I can very much get on board with.

Danielson is obviously the better fit, but I think it would be brilliant adding Punk to the mix, the moaning and crying about it online would be worth it alone.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

the moaning and crying about it online would be worth it alone.

No it wouldn't. It would be depressing and boring wank fodder for the worst type of "fan".

I can't wait for Danielson's entry into this story. Additionally you've got Don Callis trying to recruit Takeshita on the side so it's inevitable he's going to be involved eventually in some capacity. They could also possibly draw in The Elite's former best mate/Hangman enemy Adam Cole to add another layer to this...or Omega could call on his old tag partner KOTA IBUSHI to help out. So many incredibly exciting possibilities...miserable old  hypocrite Punk turning up to make it all about him and his pathetic ego is the shittest possible outcome as far as I can see. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Even as a self-confessed gullible mug who would welcome CM Punk back and can convince myself he’ll change his ways this time, him returning seems less likely than ever.

If we’re to assume it’s still a binary choice between CM Punk or The Elite, the last few weeks of TV feels like the final nail in the coffin for moanin’ ol’ Phil. They’ve completely eclipsed him.

As funny as it is to imagine The Elite giggling like kids as they cover up Punk’s face on the truck, I can only imagine the satisfaction they’re getting being the main focus of the company once again, and absolutely nailing it. Layered, fun, show-long, Attitude Era-style storylines, filled with hooks and cliffhangers, where top babyfaces kick arse and commit grand theft auto. Hell yeah. And then that’s all mixed with state of the art, ground-breaking, bonkers matches, filled with seemingly impossible feats of athleticism. I mean, fucking hell. Who else could have that match with Vikingo? Certainly not the guy last seen regularly falling on his arse and constantly injuring himself.

Frankly, watching the last few weeks, I bet Punk hates The Elite more than ever. I can’t blame him. They’re that good.

Looking forward to some daft skits on BTE involving Don Callis cancelling Omega’s FITE subscription and getting his Twitter account closed down. Anything to stop him from ever rewatching the Dynamite footage and realising the truth.

I’m fascinated though. This isn’t going to end in a Takeshita heel turn, is it? Surely not!?

But yeah. Omega being gaslit and brainwashed by Callis, only for Kota Ibushi to eventually come in, to save the fucking day and make Kenny see the light, finally reuniting everyone? Good lord. I’ll cry my eyes out.

Unless something drastically changes, I suspect Sami and Kevin are going to have some real competition for Best Hug of the year.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Even as a self-confessed gullible mug who would welcome CM Punk back and can convince myself he’ll change his ways this time, him returning seems less likely than ever.

If we’re to assume it’s still a binary choice between CM Punk or The Elite, the last few weeks of TV feels like the final nail in the coffin for moanin’ ol’ Phil. They’ve completely eclipsed him.

100% agree with this. At this point, unless they can send him off to ROH and keep him totally separate from AEW (which I'm not necessarily against, let him have it has own personal kingdom), I don't know that there's a fit for him, especially if it is a choice between him and The Elite because they have more than proved their worth as of late.

With "locker room leader" Jericho also seemingly not in favour of Punk coming back, and it possibly being a choice between Punk or The Bucks/Kenny/possibly Hangman it certainly looks like a pretty easy choice at the moment.