• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Speak for yourself, I can't wait to see his reaction to the three red cards today.

"Actually, if you look at the minute by minute ratings, you'll see viewership figures peaked at Silva's dismissal which explains why we booked a further two".

16 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

"Actually, if you look at the minute by minute ratings, you'll see viewership figures peaked at Silva's dismissal which explains why we booked a further two".

Mason Greenwood is #AllElite

• Paid Members

Goldberg a free agent. Assuming money is no object to Tony Khan, it must be tempting to do a couple of mad matches with him. Goldberg vs. Samoa Joe. Goldberg vs. Orange Cassidy. Fuck it, do Goldberg vs. Omega. I bet Kenny could work miracles. Has Goldberg ever had five stars? That Survivor Series match with Brock surely broke the scale.

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Goldberg a free agent. Assuming money is no object to Tony Khan, it must be tempting to do a couple of mad matches with him. Goldberg vs. Samoa Joe. Goldberg vs. Orange Cassidy. Fuck it, do Goldberg vs. Omega. I bet Kenny could work miracles. Has Goldberg ever had five stars? That Survivor Series match with Brock surely broke the scale.

Now, as much as I'd like to see Goldberg v Samoa Joe, we are talking about a 56 year old Goldberg who hasn't wrestled a match in over a year, and let's be completely honest hasn't been capable of wrestling anything like a normal match since coming back a number of years ago.  

The WWE has managed, just about, to get some sports entertainment matches out of him by limiting him to about 3 moves during a sub-5 minute spectacle.  I can't imagine AEW having  that self-restraint.  They don't have (imo) agents capable of laying out a match where a beloved AEW star bounces off an immobile Goldberg for a while before taking a single move and being pinned.

And I reckon Goldberg knows this.  If he's not wrestling any more for WWE, then he's retired.

Howwwwwever.... Goldberg as a manager for some upcoming monster?  A manager capable of taking a bump or two?  Wardlow managed by Goldberg in a feud with MJF?  That might work.

6 minutes ago, Loki said:

The WWE has managed, just about, to get some sports entertainment matches out of him by limiting him to about 3 moves during a sub-5 minute spectacle.  I can't imagine AEW having  that self-restraint.  They don't have (imo) agents capable of laying out a match where a beloved AEW star bounces off an immobile Goldberg for a while before taking a single move and being pinned.

And I reckon Goldberg knows this.  If he's not wrestling any more for WWE, then he's retired.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or serious.

• Paid Members

Goldberg is shite now. It's a testament to how good Brock Lesnar is that he manged to drag a couple of good sprints out of him. AEW don't really have anyone who would be suited to doing the 3 minute Goldberg/Lesnar match and pulling it off convincingly so it's a no from me.

Plus he'd probably headbutt one of the tunnels on the way down and concuss himself before the bell rings.

• Paid Members

The best thing Goldberg could do in AEW is just repeats of the Dolph Ziggler match at Summerslam, just squashing a mouthy heel for the big pop. 

Logically, you'd want him to do business and put someone over eventually, but on the other hand, he could just be a very expensive version of 911. End segments by turning up and Spearing everyone, then fuck off. 

• Paid Members

There's nothing left in Goldberg anymore. It would feel like when Foley, Booker and the like went to TNA for one last pay day. Goldberg has been getting that sweet Saudi money for years, there's no way he's coming in for less than 7 figures.

31 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Goldberg is shite now. It's a testament to how good Brock Lesnar is that he manged to drag a couple of good sprints out of him. AEW don't really have anyone who would be suited to doing the 3 minute Goldberg/Lesnar match and pulling it off convincingly so it's a no from me.

Plus he'd probably headbutt one of the tunnels on the way down and concuss himself before the bell rings.

For some of us, he's always been shite.

I don't think there's much value in signing him as they'd never likely get a meaningful return, and it's kinda detrimental to Wardlow. While he isn't a direct knock-off. The fan engagement during his entrance certainly is.

TK stuck Paul Wight v. QT Marshall on PPV lest we forget. So I believe him seeing potential gains in a Goldberg signing.

Khan shows interest

Wwe throw money at him reducing Their budget to offer to guys they want to make the jump 

everyone lives happily ever after