• Paid Members

the only downside to a BCC/Elite Blood & Guts story is that the last time we saw Bryan Danielson, he was saying that he was too beaten up, that he needs to think about his family, and all of that. It's going to take a lot to follow logically from that promo to coming back for Blood and Guts. I'm sure they can do it, but I'm not sure how.

• Paid Members

To anyone wondering "hey Kenny can just watch the show back and see Hangman didn't knock Don Callis over" it's weirdly actually established in BTE canon that Kenny does not watch any of the shows back after they've aired.

19 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

the only downside to a BCC/Elite Blood & Guts story is that the last time we saw Bryan Danielson, he was saying that he was too beaten up, that he needs to think about his family, and all of that. It's going to take a lot to follow logically from that promo to coming back for Blood and Guts. I'm sure they can do it, but I'm not sure how.

It’s not that difficult, just has to come back and say the best form of defence is attack and he starts going after them. Given it was 2 mins in a backstage bit, I doubt many would notice of it was just ignored 

24 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

To anyone wondering "hey Kenny can just watch the show back and see Hangman didn't knock Don Callis over" it's weirdly actually established in BTE canon that Kenny does not watch any of the shows back after they've aired.

Don't think it matters that much. There was enough of a tussle between Hangman & Callis that the miscommunication between them would be enough to stir the dissension between Hangman & Omega.

Callis spins it as trying to hold back Hangman, save him from himself going 3-1 with the BCC. That ungrateful, thickheaded cowboy pushed him away.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Louch said:

It’s not that difficult, just has to come back and say the best form of defence is attack and he starts going after them. Given it was 2 mins in a backstage bit, I doubt many would notice of it was just ignored 

that's fair enough - I suppose part of is that Danielson's been pretty far removed from the rest of the BCC lately too, so it's a question of how they organically bring him into it, he's not really had any problem with the Elite in the same way that the others have recently. That's not to say that they can't do it, the intrigue is part of the point, but I'd be curious what story they use to get him there, if that is where they're going.

Ever since Don Callis has been showing up, I wondered if he'd ever really get any comeuppance - I figured he'd take a bump for Hangman in the Hangman/Omega title match or something, but if the person who actually eventually sends him packing, or at least gets to beat him up, is Kenny Omega, that will be perfect. I love the Callis/Omega "invisible hand" dynamic, of Don having known Omega since he was a child, and how everything Don has done in wrestling since then has been subtly manipulating situations to allow for Kenny Omega to have the career he's had - it's one of those perfect situations that you couldn't write, because it relies on so much reality. But Don is, obviously, a lying shit, and that story pretty much has to culminate in Kenny realising that Don's exploiting him, using him to revive his own career and make money off him, and that he'll abandon him as soon as he finds another meal ticket.

I'm guessing that Don has had the Bucks taken out - though by who? - because he wants Kenny back in singles competition, isolated from his friends, so that Don gets a bigger cut of the winner's purse, and so the Young Bucks and Adam Page can't distract Kenny from Don's "advice". Probably seeing them backing up Hangman Page was the catalyst for it all. It's brilliantly Attitude Era stuff, in the best possible way, and I hope AEW are able to keep the ball rolling with this story rather than letting it grow cold or take weird detours like their stories so often do. 

Alright show.  Loved the Sting/OC/Darby tag match, not sure @Supremo's right that it's the best TV match of all time though ;)   I did enjoy the ongoing Elite storyline via backstage shenanigans, the fact that AEW doesn't do this every week means that when they do, it's more interesting.  Big surprise of the week was Moxley NOT bleeding.

The main event was.. look, it's not really for me, I don't like flippy floppy and spotfest matches.  It works brilliantly when its a Trios match as there's a constant churn of competitors that lends some credence to the pacing.  Here it's just a bit like eating a whole bag of Haribo in one go.  Vikingo probably has a relatively short career ahead of him if he's going to slam the back of his head into the ring apron like he did on the Rolling Thunder through the table.  The height difference between the table and the ring makes that a potentially fatal landing.  The match did succeed though in reminding everyone that Omega can be THE guy in AEW.  And I certainly prefer his AEW to Pip Brook's one.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Vikingo probably has a relatively short career ahead of him

Tbf, he's already been wrestling ten years. 

And given the state of most wrestling rings in Mexico, taking a knock on the ring apron is probably one of the softer landings he's had.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I'm not sure it would take much. Fans will be so happy that Danielson is back and engaged in a big exciting feud I don't think anyone would care or remember about what he said. You get that moment of Danielson and Omega facing off again and that's literally all you need, no one's going to be thinking of what Danielson said in a promo weeks/months previously.

• Paid Members

Thought Vikingo vs Omega was fun once it got going but I’m in the same boat as Loki in that the flippy stuff isn’t my bag. Adding three flips to a standard moonsault looks impressive but doesn’t have the same impact for me as a standard moonsault. Neither does wobbling on the top turnbuckle for a few seconds before doing a hurricanrana. I appreciate there’s a place for it but just go up and do a basic move well.

Felt bad for Sting having a match after this long and Butcher, Blade and Kip are out of position for his hot tag and then Kip has to be readjusted mid finisher just to take a reverse DDT right. They’re not very good.

Speaking of not very good. Toni Storm went out and stank it up with Skye Blue. Again the most interesting part is Riho with a pipe making the save.

Daniel Garcia is a boring choice with no build for Adam Cole but then I don’t care for Adam Cole so he could have faced anyone really.

Feel bad moaning so much as there was some good, like the Hangman/Elite/Don stuff and the BCC invasions but a lot of this week’s show was stuff I don’t care about or stuff that’s not my style.

Hook vs Stoke was exactly what it should have been and a good laugh, as were the Gunns. Hopefully they fuck FTR back off to NXT.

Edited by FelatioLips

Not the best show overall but at least there's a big, interesting story at last. I'm just glad to see people talking about a storyline with such enthusiasm again, it's probably well known I'm invested in anything Hangman but this looks like it could be something real special and there are so many directions it can take.

Maybe the first time Sting felt a little off here, it wasn't helped by others in the match but he seemed a step behind, too.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Maybe the first time Sting felt a little off here, it wasn't helped by others in the match but he seemed a step behind, too.

It's his first match since double knee surgery and he didn't have the best opponents to be fair. It's a miracle he was even this good.

• Paid Members

Sting rolling from one side of the ring to the other, until Kip went to the other turnbuckle, before rolling the other way get a tremendous laugh out of me. Just really daft, old school comedy fun. More of this please. The camera cuts almost missed it as well, not sure what's happening with the camera work lately, but it seems to be getting worse. 

I've given Kip quite a bit of shit on here, but I must admit, I am quite enjoying him at the minute as the over the top, dickhead heel who never seems to get one over on the good guy. The mid-card needs acts like this and the perfect opponent for Stings schtick. 

Edited by Nick James