Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with someone like Braun is that they're paying him big main event money and have no intention of using him as a main eventer any more. Wouldn't be surprised to see him brought back in relatively quickly, assuming there's no underlying story we're unaware of, just so they can save a few quid on his contract. 

The timing of this right before they're due to go back on the road is interesting, too. 

They've been taking notes of the "fire and rehire" bullshit that's been going on over here a lot recently?

And yeah, add me to the list of not seeing any of them adding much to aew right now. I think their roster is already a little bloated but hey, people are getting paychecks at least.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Always find the cuts confusing. Like why sack all these guys but keep Baron Corbin, Ziggler and all the other dead weight?

I'm also of the opinion that WWE are preparing for a sale or at least a massive offload of stock. Everything they are doing recently seems to be leading towards a big change. Vince knows his time is coming up and maybe Steph or Hunter are happy to cash out and move on? Whatever they are planning they seem to have no actual interest in the wrestling side of things anymore. Complete autopilot. 

Likes of Ziggler.Corbin probably are not on huge money, do what they're told, aren't annoying twats backstage/heatseekers in public eye and are happy enough to plod along in full knowledge they'll never amount to much in the company.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Like why sack all these guys but keep Baron Corbin, Ziggler and all the other dead weight?

I'm of the opinion that Boring Corbin has photos in a locked box or something.

I mean all the title shots, manager positions and still being employed.

54 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They've been taking notes of the "fire and rehire" bullshit that's been going on over here a lot recently?

And yeah, add me to the list of not seeing any of them adding much to aew right now. I think their roster is already a little bloated but hey, people are getting paychecks at least.

I think Riot would be a good get for AEW's women's division but yeah none of the others really interest me. 

6 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Apparently there's more to come with Liv, Keith Lee, Humberto and Garza all rumored for the chop

This is based on an unsubstantiated  (and slightly unkind, for the talents involved) Twitter rumour, so I’d take it with even less than a pinch of salt:

Edited by RedRooster

I'm surprised they have let Lana go. Sure she couldn't wrestle for shit, but she was still a popular character.  Plus I thought the shitehawks at WWE would get their kicks out of keeping her away from her hubby once they go back on the road.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

They will sell, cash out all that stock and will get a massive bonus to stay by the new owner. Win-win.

Isn't Win Win the CEO of Panda Energy? I think they have already spaffed all the cash they have on a wrestling company, sold up and moved on. I can't see them coming back. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Bray Wyatt was gone within the next week.

7C1552A0-CD60-4F9A-9608-817B0A6C59FF.thumb.jpeg.dd9e56d776580131885d711b0f4a8e2e.jpeg

I’m terrified this pattern is going to result in Bray Wyatt and Matt Riddle stinking up AEW.

8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the deal with someone like Braun is that they're paying him big main event money and have no intention of using him as a main eventer any more. Wouldn't be surprised to see him brought back in relatively quickly, assuming there's no underlying story we're unaware of, just so they can save a few quid on his contract. 

The timing of this right before they're due to go back on the road is interesting, too. 

I'm wondering if some talent have expressed their disinterest to go back on the road. Especially with creative in the toilet maybe some think it's just not worth dragging themselves around the states nonstop and wanted out or were seen to be less than motivated to do so. 

Hoping most dont go to AEW unless it's on very very limited time deals like Braun for a one of TNT title match. Riot for the women's division maybe and Lana with Miro although he doesn't need her. The others can fill out other promotions. 

I’m worried that if AEW bring Buddy Murphy in he and Kenny Omega will melt into some kind of withering, screaming mass ala Timecop.

Whether you’re a fan of him or not, the reintroduction of Black to TV only to then send him packing 2 weeks later just shows how little forward planning there is in the company anymore. We talk about how they’ve got all of that TV time to fill, which they did and now it meant absolutely nothing and was a complete waste of everyone’s time.