Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Isn't Win Win the CEO of Panda Energy? I think they have already spaffed all the cash they have on a wrestling company, sold up and moved on. I can't see them coming back. 

Excellent.

• Paid Members

TAFKA Alasteir Black has already declared the return of Tommy End, which is nice.

What a mad week in wrestling. 

You can see from already released talents and just released talents hurting so much from this. 

It always shows so much class that even when released a majority of the talent thank WWE on social media. 

Some would feel bitter and hurt and attack the company they get let go from. 

Where do we go from here? With all the other active promotions running just now is there reasonable amount of space to include these people without it being at the expense of an existing talent at these active promotions losing a spot?

Its going to be a very interesting next six months in the industry to see the landscape of the world of professional wrestling.

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Most of them are smart enough to not burn bridges, although Vince generally takes everyone back in the end anyway.

I miss the days of down and dirty shoot videos rather than just a little moaning about creative being a bit of a mess.

They'd probably have fuck all intrigue, in fairness. 

"So ah...memories of Breaking Point 2009?"

• Paid Members

Rumour is that NBC are looking to buy the whole thing for between 2-4 billion dollars. At least that's what the Cultaholic folks are reporting. 

Meltzer is reporting that Johnny Ace sent out a mass text to the rest of the roster announcing the releases. What's the point of that? Sounds like some weird kind of power play.

Also, Tommy End is such a shit name and it's a rare case of WWE creating a better one.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Eva Marie and Baron Corbin are receiving dogs abuse for daring to still be employed over on the cesspool that is twitter, Corbin has tweeted out addressing it. It's WWE that is at fault, taking aim at other wrestlers etc because they haven't been released is almost as scummy as WWE's behaviour. Eva Marie always seems to trend after the releases. 

I rarely venture on to current WWE talent's Twitter pages but I checked out Baron and his banner image is a beautiful "Sum up WWEs current day creative woes":

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I dunno why that angle got such a negative reaction. Two dickhead heels humilating a babyface by pouring dog food all over him is miles better than the lazy-yet-convoluted booking they usually throw out.

It meant another Roman/Corbin match and at that point even Jeremy Corbyn managing Baron Corbin wasn't going to get anyone interested.

6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Rumour is that NBC are looking to buy the whole thing for between 2-4 billion dollars. At least that's what the Cultaholic folks are reporting. 

If NBC did purchase it and Vince cashed out, I wonder what the WWE would like going forward, despite his faults and borderline insanity Vince always put endless time and effort in the WWE from day one and built it to what it is, I do not see anyone from another background or even a wrestling background ever putting in half the time he does, would the people who purchased just see it as joke and something which is not taken seriously?

29 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

If NBC did purchase it and Vince cashed out, I wonder what the WWE would like going forward, despite his faults and borderline insanity Vince always put endless time and effort in the WWE from day one and built it to what it is, I do not see anyone from another background or even a wrestling background ever putting in half the time he does, would the people who purchased just see it as joke and something which is not taken seriously?

If they've paid $2-4 Billion for it I can't see them treating it as a Joke or why bother in the 1st Place?

Its definitely something to wonder what it would do to the company though, would they make wholesale Changes? I doubt it and they'll just retain the same people with some sort of go between in the middle to deal with communications between the Higher ups in NBC and whoever is in charge of WWE

I think everyone would hope that they would at least look to improve the product creatively.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine they'd at least want Hunter & Steph involved in some of the running of it as part of the negotiations if anything like this was to happen. Is the cost that high to try and buy them out of the Fox deal? Would they just stick all the content on Peacock "live"? With ratings falling it could be a canny move.