Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

Imagine not having already read the story elsewhere and seeing this thread is back in action.   You'd think there's been another mass of releases.

Sounds like it's for the best for him and also WWE.   They'll still offer him the help if he accepts it but if anything happens to him, it's not on their watch.

Is it perhaps time to kill this thread, particularly with the bigger releases? Although Hardy has been released, sadly, it doesn't sound like it's much like the other "budget cut" releases. I think most of us know someone whose life has been torn apart by addiction, either directly or indirectly, and it's unspeakably sad. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, dopper said:

Weren't all three of his releases (2003, 2009, and 2021) all for that same reason?

2009 was his decision. His contract ran out and he wanted to take time off. He got busted for drug possession right after he left though. WWE had Punk take a shot at him about it on TV which is why Jeff went to TNA instead of going straight back.

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Is it perhaps time to kill this thread, particularly with the bigger releases? Although Hardy has been released, sadly, it doesn't sound like it's much like the other "budget cut" releases. I think most of us know someone whose life has been torn apart by addiction, either directly or indirectly, and it's unspeakably sad. 

I also know people who have been made redundant for budget cuts in billion pound companies and that’s unspeakably sad as well. There’s no happy redundancy for most 

• neil locked this topic