Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Wholly agree yes. 

You will have promoters though that will feel like it is the talents responsibility to be well trained enough to not require to have to pay for a paramedic or to purchase a suitable insurance policy to cover it. 

If a town hall venue holds 400. It's a sell out of £12 per ticket is £4800. A paramedic for the night is £800 the promoter is then having to pay for the venue hire, talent, advertising costs. The promoter won't have an awful lot of profit from the ticket sales. Unless the promoter has good merchandise to sell to the fans or has other revenue streams such as online video on demand then some smaller promotions will end up seeing it's not worth it and will probably stop running. 

For what it's worth, I'd be amazed if any promoter is paying £800 for a paramedic unless they have them on-site all day and an ambulance on call. It wasn't for wrestling, but the last time I had to hire event medical support it was around £30 per hour per medic. Even at £50 per hour, you'd not be breaking the bank to have them there for hours before and after a standard-length show. I know at least two promotions in the UK that have trained medical staff as part of their full-time crew, and I know a couple of people who work for the NHS put take private bookings on wrestling shows to lend support, who equally would probably be much cheaper. I've been lucky to fairly regularly work in venues that have medical staff provided anyway. 

So if you can't afford those sort of costs, or make those sort of arrangements, then I'd say it's better off for everyone if they do stop running. It's not breaking the bank, it can be the equivalent of turning a six-match show into a five-match, or turning that tag team match into a singles, or cutting one of your bigger name imports from the card. If a promoter is more prepared to go without medical support than make any of those decisions, they have no business promoting. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marry Buddy Murphy, Fuck Aleister Black and Kill Braun Strowman. ...damn, I should have read the rest of the list.

Apparently this lot were going to get fired with the others a couple of week back but they had to wait till they got the bin liners back,

Ivelisse talking about respect. Great. Next Will Ospreay moans about other people being cunts.

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Surely from a promoter's point of view, in the simplest terms having a paramedic on site is, much like public liability insurance, about covering your own arse against costly legal reprisals should anything go wrong, and keeping your talent safe.

I genuinely can't wrap my head around the idea of running a show featuring an activity with well-documented risks, without medical support. Any other choice is short-sighted and shows a lack of simple common sense. 

7 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I genuinely can't wrap my head around the idea of running a show featuring an activity with well-documented risks, without medical support. Any other choice is short-sighted and shows a lack of simple common sense. 

Blame Paul Heyman.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Blame Paul Heyman.

Remember how medics rushed the ring during the Mass Transit incident? Even Paul Heyman was less of a shitarse around this stuff.

31 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Remember how medics rushed the ring during the Mass Transit incident? Even Paul Heyman was less of a shitarse around this stuff.

Yeah, I sacrificed detail for pith. I meant to refer to cutting corners and costs as being portrayed as 'punk' and edgy, with this playing into the majority of two-bit promoters being convinced they're going to be next Paul E.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

with this playing into the majority of two-bit promoters being convinced they're going to be next Paul E.

To be fair, most BritWres promoters have got the 'look like they smell of BO and shit' part down to a tee.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Yeah, I sacrificed detail for pith. I meant to refer to cutting corners and costs as being portrayed as 'punk' and edgy, with this playing into the majority of two-bit promoters being convinced they're going to be next Paul E.

Pretty much every BritWres promoter of the early '00s (and, to be fair, probably most anywhere else in the world) either thought they were heel Mr. McMahon, or Paul Heyman doing his inspirational speech from Beyond The Mat. Casting themselves as "extreme" and counter-culture in front of eleven year olds waving foam fingers and bored dads. 

53 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

It’ll have been going since yesterday.

He won’t know about it yet because his mate can’t get a booking to come into the boozer to tell him.