Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Awards Moderator

Killian Dain’s a surprising one. I’ve given up on NXT completely over the last year, but I made an exception for his segments with Drake Maverick, and further back he was a highlight of the War Games matches Sanity were involved in. Their move up to SmackDown where Dain ended up in that blue strappy top was a disaster all round, really - Nikki’s the only member of that group left now.

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

Way things are going Nick Khan's going to release Triple H. 

Well, according to Fightful Select; Nick Khan specifically is willing to take the heat and did not seem concerned about prior plans, projects, who the person or married to, how long they’ve been signed, or what they have going on.

• Moderators

That one off the writing team who was on about not knowing anyone on a podcast has had her cards as well. 

Probably for the best. Ian Maxtone Graham never saw the Simpsons before but at least he knew who Homer was (he was a dreadful writer though. Killed the Simpson) 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, CL Punk said:

Well, according to Fightful Select; Nick Khan specifically is willing to take the heat and did not seem concerned about prior plans, projects, who the person or married to, how long they’ve been signed, or what they have going on.

So it’ll be his fault that UpUpDownDown is ruined by firing Tyler Breeze. 

• Paid Members

The issue isn’t so much people getting fired because let’s be honest, aside from one or two of them like Miro and Strowman, the rest have been absolutely robbing a living for years. It’s that they’re doing it in bursts every few weeks rather than just one big purge.

11 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The issue isn’t so much people getting fired because let’s be honest, aside from one or two of them like Miro and Strowman, the rest have been absolutely robbing a living for years. It’s that they’re doing it in bursts every few weeks rather than just one big purge.

The bloody issue is people getting fired and losing their jobs in a pandemic by a company who didn't need too. Stealing a living is way different to 'I had a job as a wrestler but also my boss is an old fucking creepy sociopath nutjob.' 

• Paid Members

The kicker for me is how they seemingly have hundreds of fully-developed, TV-ready wrestlers that they can fire on a nearly weekly basis, yet Raw and Smackdown continues to feature the same twenty odd performers, all either pulling double duty or wrestling overlong matches that go through three advert breaks, just to fill the TV time.

It’s almost like the system is broken.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Chili said:

The bloody issue is people getting fired and losing their jobs in a pandemic by a company who didn't need too. Stealing a living is way different to 'I had a job as a wrestler but also my boss is an old fucking creepy sociopath nutjob.' 

Wrestling hasn’t stopped due to the pandemic though. Maybe a case could be made for the first lot where the indies were shut down but wrestling is back on now, crowds are back, the TV never stopped. Mickie James walked out one door and into another, so did Miro and Andrade. Joe walked back into the same door like that Abe Simpson gif. 
The only people this will effect are the deadwood that have been clogging up the roster forever that none of the big companies will want, but quite honestly if i’m the likes of Tony Nese I’d be happy to have lasted as long as I did because when WWE weren’t just hiring out of spite he’d have been gone in a week.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

The kicker for me is how they seemingly have hundreds of fully-developed, TV-ready wrestlers that they can fire on a nearly weekly basis, yet Raw and Smackdown continues to feature the same twenty odd performers, all either pulling double duty or wrestling overlong matches that go through three advert breaks, just to fill the TV time.

I think they are deliberately headed that way. 20 men, 8 women, endless rotation. Cheap as chips.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Statto said:

I think they are deliberately headed that way. 20 men, 8 women, endless rotation. Cheap as chips.

Like a billion dollars Butlins show. 2 singles and a tag on repeat. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Chili said:

The bloody issue is people getting fired and losing their jobs in a pandemic by a company who didn't need too.

That’s not exclusive to WWE or wrestling though. As I found out yesterday. 😂