Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they'll just trot him out there with Tully and Arn for a nice nostalgia pop on an episode of Dynamite. How's Barry Windham? 

• Paid Members

I remember hearing he'd had a stroke. I just wondered what condition he was in nowadays, and whether they'd try and have the 4 of them appear on an episode of Dynamite at some point. I can't imagine they'd want to reach out to Ole and go for the original lineup as I think he's on the outs with all of them. Heck why not see whether they can get JJ Dillon to visit as well. 

I don't think Arn & Naitch fell out, I think they just drifted out of touch with each other? I could be wrong.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I remember hearing he'd had a stroke. I just wondered what condition he was in nowadays, and whether they'd try and have the 4 of them appear on an episode of Dynamite at some point. I can't imagine they'd want to reach out to Ole and go for the original lineup as I think he's on the outs with all of them. Heck why not see whether they can get JJ Dillon to visit as well. 

I don't think Arn & Naitch fell out, I think they just drifted out of touch with each other? I could be wrong.

I think this was one of the most recent discussions on it that I remember:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/02/exclusive-ric-flair-reveals-why-he-and-arn-anderson-are-no-longer-close/

Basically lack of communication from Arn during the Reid stuff etc.

“I wasn’t just saying it about Arn. I didn’t hear a word from Tully, didn’t hear a word from Barry. I didn’t hear anything from Ole. He’s mad at the world. Arn just comes to mind because he was so close to the family. Then when I was sick, not a word. You spend 10 years being so close with these people, and you just wonder what really matters at the end of the day. It means nothing apparently.”

That was back in Feb. I'm sure guys have come back from worse things to build up friendships again.

• Paid Members

Flair and Arn always struck me as two very different types of person anyway. While I'm sure Arn liked a drink, I think Naitch lived the gimmick a lot more. 

• Paid Members

It's kind of sweet that Ole has spent decades shitting on Flair to anybody who will listen, and Flair still expected a kind message from him. I'm not sure I can buy that Flair and Tully were so close either, given how long Tully was blackballed for.

The Horsemen making an appearance in AEW seems obvious though. Arn owns the name, he and Tully work there and Flair will 100% be around at some point for his son in law's Starrcast events, if not before.

Don't know who you make the fourth but it's not like there isn't a decent amount of people to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Flair and Arn always struck me as two very different types of person anyway. While I'm sure Arn liked a drink, I think Naitch lived the gimmick a lot more. 

Especially nowadays.

I'm 40. If my mates still acted the way we did when we were 20, I'd have "grown apart" from them as well, and my mates are fairly sensible. I can only imagine being in my 60s, retired and wanting to spend time with the Grandkids, while my 70 year old mate still wants to party and piss money away like a fucking idiot.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

Don't know who you make the fourth

I bet they've already got Paul Roma on the phone:

Well I’ll be delighted to do the job. Hang on, you can’t book me and ask me to pull out when Barry Windham becomes available again. Well no look, you’ve got a choice. You can either book me now or wait for Windham, but if fat baz gets done for counterfeiting again you’re up slack alley. Now who’s it to be, me or Barry Windham? Thank you very much indeed. Kiss my face!

• Paid Members

I wonder whether Danielson will be the fifth Labour. Throw it back to that episode of NXT where he made his debut.