Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

Reed was North American champion a few weeks ago and has quite a lot of potential.

Rust is a member of a recent launched faction who were feuding with Fish.

Ruff has been pushed as the plucky underdog and was quite over.

Martinez and Atlas were featured heavily in the companies Pride month advertising last month.

Sterling was on 205 last night, could have even been his debut.

Reeves hadn't been featured in around 2 years and I'm not familiar with the others.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

Not that the releases have anything to do with Adam Cole, but surely releasing a bunch of people including Bobby Fish during his negotiations is just a really bad business move? 

This company, what a state.

The way they tried to monopolise the world in recent years, stock piling talent etc has really bit them in the ass.

Really don’t know where they’re headed from here but if they’re forced back to the ThunderDome it will be another huge blow.

• Awards Moderator

Bronson Reed is the only real shock on that list. Fish I could understand considering how injury-prone he is, and of the four Undisputed lads he’d be most people’s #4 (he says with zero evidence to back it up). Martinez is a shame, but I don’t think she’s had a match on TV since they sacked off Retribution has she? Likewise I can’t recall Ruff’s name on NXT results since his little run with Gargano late last year. Bronson should be snapped up by another company quickly, I hope, he’s great. Just have AEW swap out their Bear Bronson for him and pop him in Bear Country.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

18 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Surely we can’t be far off from “WWE has released the following superstars from NXT UK:

All of them. The end”

That’s the thing about all the recent releases. The NXT:UK abusers and Austin Theory somehow keep a job while Bronson Reed, a guy with some actual potential gets shitcanned.

@HarmonicGenerator -  Martinez had a bang average match with Xia Lee at the last Takeover, but I can’t think of anything she’s done since then. She’ll probably head back to AEW to make up the numbers or could maybe have a short run in Impact.

Arn’t a lot of the other releases a bunch of guys they picked up in the EVOLVE deal? That seems like a total waste of time in hindsight

• Paid Members

Fish always seemed to be on the injured list. The biggest shock is he's in an active feud and was on telly this week. Reed was in the main event last week. If that doesn't make the entire roster paranoid that no one is safe, I don't know what will.