Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

A little random...

SMACKDOWN RING ANNOUNCER GREG HAMILTON RELEASED

- PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has released Smackdown ring announcer Greg Hamilton. Hamilton, who was regarded as one of the best ring announcers currently in the business, did Crown Jewel on Thursday and Smackdown on Friday, but it looks like his legal threats on his Instagram led to his release earlier this week. During the weekend, Hamilton went on a tirade against rapper Westside Gunn, who apparently used Hamilton's voice in one of his songs. Hamilton demanded $30,000 to settle or else he threatened to sue and unleash the WWE legal team on his behalf. "You’ll be paying me for years," Hamilton wrote in now deleted comments. "Apologize and I’ll think about not collecting every dime for the rest of your life...or I can just get WWE lawyers...that’s ok too. Settle with my lawyer. And don’t EVER use my voice again...so wrong." He later posted another comment asking if he's going to settle or if he wants to "dance" with the WWE lawyers. "Price goes up by the day. It was 20k, but at noon eastern it's $30k and we go to court," Hamilton continued. Hamilton had been working for WWE since 2015, starting with NXT and then moving to the main roster becoming the ring announcer for the Smackdown brand.

GREG HAMILTON CONFIRMS WWE EXIT

- Former Smackdown ring announcer Greg Hamilton confirmed his departure from WWE in a post on Instagram, calling this a "mutual respect departure from a great company." Hamilton noted that there was nothing but respect from both sides but this is all business and "we all know our worth." Hamilton warned fans not to get riled up over what they see on social media because "it's not real life especially for your favorite Superstars," calling his peers incredible human beings. "The hate, the bullying...that is read and internalized by real human beings...not characters. That needs to be said for my friends," Hamilton wrote.

(From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter)

Edited by Kamran

• Paid Members

This sounds like Hamilton assuming his worth was more to the company, they realised he's creating a PR nightmare and them canning him, right?

If that is the case, it's a riddle that they can notice when someone could bring the company into disrepute and then other times bury their sandles in and hold firm.

• Paid Members
On 8/27/2021 at 6:33 PM, Chili said:

Proper bit of Brazzers that. 

The return of Demolition was different from most fans’ expectations.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Frankie Monet also let go. Hasn’t even been there long either. 

The idea that they have nothing for someone as well rounded as Taya Valkyrie is fucking ridiculous tbh.

Edited by garynysmon