Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

You try and find anything positive in this company and then just keep seeing utter stupidity.

Any company that can't find a place for Keith Lee and Karion Kross with how they look when they don't market them like a mug honestly shouldn't still be in business to the level they are.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Nick James said:

If it's not the sale, then they are clearly flooding the market to try and drown the competition.

To be honest, AEW and even Impact are relatively full at the moment. I'm sure that won't stop them signing a few, but I can't see New Japan or even NWA and MLW picking up this amount of slack.

Remember about all those ROH wrestlers who are looking for deals as well!

Those few years of it being a wrestler's market (in terms of wages they can demand) are probably over.

Edited by garynysmon

If anyone wanted to try and have a run at 3rd place, there’s a hell of a lotta talent out there between releases, ROH and the malaise new japans foreign talent has for going back to japan. Given the success aew managed getting to where it is, must be some billionaire or hedge fund that fancies trying to get some of that income. 

• Paid Members

September 14: NXT 2.0 launches with a new approach to developmental. B-Fab, who has worked eight matches, makes her TV debut in a live match on USA. She wins in just over a minute.

September 21: B-Fab wrestles a 10 minute TV match against an opponent who has worked 30 matches. It isn't good.

October 1: B-Fab is called up to Smackdown.

November 4: Before wrestling a match, B-Fab is released from WWE.

6 minutes ago, Louch said:

If anyone wanted to try and have a run at 3rd place, there’s a hell of a lotta talent out there between releases, ROH and the malaise new japans foreign talent has for going back to japan. Given the success aew managed getting to where it is, must be some billionaire or hedge fund that fancies trying to get some of that income. 

The key to that would be a decent TV deal. You've got WWE in bed with Fox and NBCUniversal. AEW with Turner. Disney has the UFC through ESPN.

Really only leaves ViacomCBS where their network Showtime was an interested party in AEW. Also has the TNA history with Spike (now Paramount). They also took over Bellator and were supposedly interested in buying into TNA. If you had outside money willing to run it and give a percentage to Viacom, then they'd maybe have an interest.

11 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

When Vince ixnayed Scarlett coming up with Kross ("She's hokey"), she was toast. And so was he. Still, it sucks for a couple to both suddenly be unemployed, same for Keith and Mia.

Kross and Scarlett could be properly knackered, barring a return to Mexico. Even with all the push, bells, whistles and tailor made opponents they had in NXT they still showed very little upside. 

Didn't they fuck Impact around as well? There's not many places I can see offering them decent money or dates.

ISurprised at Jax, she seemed untouchable. 

I think quite a few could struggle to find anywhere as AEW and Impact are both pretty full. Taya, Lee, Lucha House Party and possibly Moon could be picked up. However if RoH do restart with some fresh faces then there is plenty about. There are plenty on the list who I have never heard of so that could just be ignorance on my part

• Paid Members

I'd agree that AEW are stacked with talent at the moment but Ember Moon and Keith Lee are no-brainer signings for them.

Easy to forget they are still a fledgling of a company. They are constantly improving their women's division, having started from scratch at a time when WWE were hoarding the best talent in the world and Impact had a strong women's roster and despite having done a good job, they're short a few really good wrestlers. 

We've discussed their need for diversity at the top end of the card plenty so a guy like Big Keith becoming available is incredible for them.

I hope the rest find opportunities. I nicked this (from https://twitter.com/_denisesalcedo/status/1456418131040108545?t=3ld2kDwUr4jdXMETUITIxA&s=19). Imagine hoarding this amount of talent? Absolutely insane to do in the first place. Then pretty disgusting to bin them in the name of "budget cuts" while profitting hundreds of millions of dollars.

20211105_071140.jpg

• Paid Members

Ignoring for a moment the sheer fucking evil of sacking so many people for budget cuts when you're making record profits, ignoring what a waste of time, effort and money it is hiring and training so many people in the first place then making no real effort to actually make them real stars and ignoring the sheer amount of completely wasted star power just released...

How rotten is Vince McMahon's brain these days that he has someone like Scarlett Bordeaux on his payroll and he can't think of a single way to make them a major star? The guy must have full on dementia. She's exactly the type they used to scour heaven and earth for and make millions with. Madness.