Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

Absolute fucking madness. It's clear that they're fucked as a company because there's no consistent logic anywhere. Spend all that time on Eva Marie just to sack her off again? It's not like she suddenly became shit. You knew what you were getting. Call up Hit Row and then get rid of B Fab? Ruin Keith Lee constantly? Don't even bother using Scarlett?

It's all madness. Vince is mad. The company is toxic. They can't even work together in any logical way. I know this is nothing new but seriously. They have absolutely NO idea what they want to do or be in 2021 and that'll be what kills them. They're like Cody Rhodes only a billion dollar company and in a much riskier situation.

• Paid Members

I think this is the first release group where I don’t want to see any of them in AEW. Maybe Ember Moon at a push.

I never saw upside to Keith Lee that wasn’t outweighed by the fact he had no personality and acts like a teenage girl on Twitter.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's kind of heartbreaking seeing on Twitter all these people saying "they'll land on their feet" or "they'll be a star wherever they go" but where is there for any of them to go? AEW may take one or two of them, Impact has a limited budget and barely anyone watches it...what's left? MLW? The indie scene has no buzz, ROH is dead. My guess is we'll never see at least half these people ever again.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Spend all that time on Eva Marie just to sack her off again? It's not like she suddenly became shit. You knew what you were getting.

In their defence, it's not a bad idea when you've got all these people who've been around 500 years to cycle people in for a while when you've got a good idea. I imagine they sat there thinking "We've got this brilliant pitch for a character called Doudrop. We just need someone to help get her over. Anyone got Eva Marie's number?" It's more evidence of their genius.

And on that note, they've got all these people who've been around forever, done everything, bored everyone to tears many, many times, and they've released a load of fresh faces.

3 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah it's kind of heartbreaking seeing on Twitter all these people saying "they'll land on their feet" or "they'll be a star wherever they go" but where is there for any of them to go? AEW may take one or two of them, Impact has a limited budget and barely anyone watches it...what's left? MLW? The indie scene has no buzz, ROH is dead. My guess is we'll never see at least half these people ever again.

There's also the backlog of talent from the last releases and RoH alumni looking for deals in the marketplace. It seems like RoH will come back. Probably more in the mould of MLW, NJ Strong, NWA Power and just tape TV for the Sinclair stations. That'd be once a month type bookings which ain't great without a guaranteed contract.

Alvarez saying there are a few who got let go as they were refusing to get the covid vaccine and they didn’t want the hassle of dealing with them. No names given tho 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Louch said:

Alvarez saying there are a few who got let go as they were refusing to get the covid vaccine and they didn’t want the hassle of dealing with them. No names given tho 

New York Post have said Nia Jax was one of them

Genuinely shocked at Kross and Scarlett. Honestly thought Vince would love them and see big money in both.

Again, maybe its a vaxx thing, who knows? 

As has been said there seems no logic to the releases. We are all used to WWE trimming the fat, as it were, and some of the names are a case of 'Who!?' but some of the names are incredibly random.

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

New York Post have said Nia Jax was one of them

Living the gimmick, brother. 

I know the whole "Taking the power from Triple H" narrative people are putting on this is probably a bit fanciful, but it's nonetheless interesting to think of how many of these talents were pet projects of his and people you'd have considered quite well protected under his NXT reign. There were reports as well that some of Stephanie's office staff were let go. 15 years ago we were all up in arms that the kingdom was going to be handed to the two of them no matter what. 5 years ago it was seen by a lot of fans as this massive prevail of sanity and good fortune that Triple H would be stewarding the company. Here we are in 2021 and it's Vince, Pritchard and Laurinaitis who are very much calling the shots as per usual. The more things change etc.

• Paid Members

Given the nonsense he’s involved in with Drake Younger and the bollocks he posts and likes on social media, I think you can take it as a certainty that Kross hasn’t taken the vaccine.

He’s also absolutely shit though, so it’s probably a little bit of both.

• Paid Members

WWE went on that massive hiring spree 3 years ago to basically attempt to fuck over AEW before it started and leave no talent left for them, 2 years later most of those hired have been sacked, AEW defeated NXT and WWE has completely changed it's new hiring policy for developmental talent. Such weird times.

In theory, hiring 100 wrestlers putting them through a tough developmental programme and then keeping the best 10 and sacking off the rest is actually not the worst idea for finding future big stars. In reality though the WWE system is so toxic and creatively bankrupt that pretty much everyone is on the verge of getting sacked at all time for no logical reason regardless of their skill level. Madness.

Meanwhile Dolph Ziggler is still on Raw for the millionth year in a row doing the same old shit. Who needs new talent, ey?

Is there something in UK employment law that prevents them being cut? 

The BTE jokes about Keith Lee and Adam Cole will last them at least a month. 

Did that B-Fab match stink? Yes. But the point of a PC is to get wrestlers to be better. Giving up on her after a couple of weeks is just awful. 

Saw that one guy released was in the PC from 2016 and only used once in the Indian TV special. 

2 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Saw that one guy released was in the PC from 2016 and only used once in the Indian TV special. 

If you mean Jeet Rama, his TV debut was the Indian show, which was after 5 years in the PC, but he had 4 more TV matches after that.

Surely having someone around for that long and them still being shit is actually a reasonable reason to be getting rid of them.   That's what's strange though, many of the releases make perfect sense.   So many others do not.