Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

So if it happened to you, you'd be completely ok with it and wouldn't want any sympathy?

Why would I want sympathy? I work for a multi-billion dollar company in my 9–5. If they tell me they’re restructuring or reducing the budget of the department I work in and I’m one of the ones not keeping my job, then what am I supposed to do? Have a whinge on Twitter about how they’re still making money and can’t spare a few grand to pay little ol’ me’s wages like an entitled shit? No. I just dust off the CV, apply for jobs and highlight how I have experience in leading software development teams and projects for a household name. 

• Paid Members

@LaGoosh Sorry, but what response do you want? WWE doesn’t owe any one a living just because they’re a profitable company. I don’t understand why you think we should be crying and praying for those released, in the same way no one would cry if say, Tesco started releasing people due to budget cuts.

It is what it is and you move on. WWE Superstars are no different. They’re hired and they can be fired based on the company’s interests at that time.

Edited by Your Fight Site

2 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

@LaGoosh Sorry, but what response do you want? WWE doesn’t owe any one a living just because they’re a profitable company. I don’t understand why you think we should be crying and praying for those released, in the same way no one would cry if say, Tesco started releasing people due to budget cuts.

It is what it is and you move on. WWE Superstars are no different. They’re hired and they can be fired based on the company’s interests at that time.

It's more because like David, you sound like a arse with your hardline tory, thems the breaks Arnold Rimmer up the lickity split bollocks, that feels mass releases after record profits is just the way of the world and we shouldn't think this company, who run blood money shows and will happily have people relocate their families and then sack em off (does anyone think of from the perspective of being IN the states) shouldn't be criticised because its just the way it is. They're also obviously a pack or arseholes. 

Might as well just say 'man up.' 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

This gets backlash whenever it happens, so this is a shite comparison. 

• Paid Members

I can understand there may be solid business reasons behind releases but still have empathy for people who are now out of work and unlikely to find a sustainable living in thier field, and in some cases may be taking a blow in them perusing a personal dream.

Are WWE wrong for doing letting people go, no. Do I like that that have done it, also no.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

It is possible to understand why a decision is taken and still disagree with it. Business is business, yes, but the people behind those decisions are real people with families and bills to pay. Some of those people released were couples, image both wages being lost within a household at once? 

Myself and Mrs James work for the same company, if we both lost our jobs on the same day, we would be fucked. 

Edited by Nick James

I can see some sort of logical endpoint in this where the only content they can possibly produce is an episode of Ride Along with Edge, Orton, Lesnar and Reigns all in the car. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I'm calling it now - give it ten years and there'll be no human wrestlers in WWE just holograms.

No injuries, no substance issues they have to pay for, no paying for maternity leave (you know Vince hates that), no people questioning your bat-shit crazy decisions - just a bunch of holograms doing EXACTLY what Vince [who will by that time be a Krang-style brain in a synthetic body barking out orders to Bruce and John Laurinaitis) wants.

You heard it here first.