Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Totally. I despise the bloke and want to clarify I’m not going to bat for him. He clearly knows what he’s doing and like all industry leaders, the sociopathic ruthlessness is why they’re industry leaders. 

Of course. Same here. Can't stand him but I think I'm always reasonable and when you read stuff about them dying or whatever, when they're making money hand over fist, you have to explore why.

14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Genuine question - how do you think Karrion Kross could have been used, “properly,” in order to make him succeed on the main roster?

They threw everything at him NXT. All the smoke and mirrors, featured matches with the best workers, undefeated streak, main event run, World Title, and he was still dull as fuck, an average worker, a piss poor promo, and clearly the worst champion they’d ever had. Looked shit in a suit, too.

If anything is surprising about Kross’ run in WWE it’s that they didn’t bin him off sooner and that they thought it was best to split him up with Scarlett and use him whilst she stayed at home, rather than the other way around.

Could not have put this better myself.

I'd heard that he was a superstar in waiting and tailor made for WWE. After watching him the first few times he wasn't even tailor made for a WWE tribute show at my local leisure centre.

• Paid Members

Maybe WWE aren't really thinking long term here? Maybe they just want to make as much money as possible while they can (which they are doing a tremendous job of) and aren't really that bothered with what WWE will look like 5-10 years down the line. Vince is 76, Shane doesn't seem interested, Triple H is a washout and who knows what Stephanie wants but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't all sick of the business by now. Kevin Dunn, Michael Hayes, Bruce Prichard and all the other old cunts who have been around forever probably have their sights set on being very rich in retirement. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they sold it all off or shut up shop within the next decade.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I don't get the Keith Lee love, he is basically a black version of me. Morbidly obese with a huge gut, looks tired constantly and looks like he could drop down of a heart attack at any time. I don't wear spandex but I'm sure I'd look as stupid as he does in it. He doesn't look like he could beat you up, or intimidating in the slightest, any decent fighter would just dance around him and stay away from his stupid pounce thing.

I'm not sure where to start with some of the stupid stuff in here. But suffice to say, he's not just some obese guy, he's huge guy with great agility (which is why he stood out in the first place) who can move and throw himself around with the best of them. He does look hard as nails, sorry, that's a nonsense.

The fact that he's black is also very important. Sure, some gammon will cry positive discrimination, or whatever, but black wrestlers are under-represented so when you have one who has a talent for it, has great support from the fanbase and is a likeable guy, then you have a diamond on your hands.

In fairness, as Houchen mentioned, the vaccination stuff makes sense, so if he's on that list, that's a different argument but don't downplay the guy's talent.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Start by not making him wear a skirt, allow Scarlett to accompany him, give him his proper entrance that he used in NXT and not wear that gimp mask. And maybe not jobbing him in his first main roster match on Raw. Just a few thoughts.

and he'd still be shit. His entrance in NXT was some of the most cringeworthy, try-hard stuff I've ever seen in wrestling, and imagine the ground that covers.

I'd implore anyone who talks about Karrion Kross as a can't miss prospect to point me in the direction of his classic matches, great promos, or anything to support that assertion. He looks and wrestles like a generic Create-A-Wrestler before you've unlocked any decent gear or moves to give him, his promos are derivative shite, and his social media and website are the most pathetic edgelord stuff imaginable. He was dogshit before NXT, he was dogshit in NXT, and apparently when he hit the main roster they noticed.

In fairness, as Houchen mentioned, the vaccination stuff makes sense, so if he's on that list, that's a different argument but don't downplay the guy's talent.

FWIW, I'd be really surprised if Lee is on the unvaccinated list (unless, maybe, there's a medical exemption - I know he's had heart issues, don't know if they'd impact on things), I think his image has ended up on a lot of stories about people being released for being unvaccinated just because it was the headline pic for the releases in general.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm not sure where to start with some of the stupid stuff in here. But suffice to say, he's not just some obese guy, he's huge guy with great agility (which is why he stood out in the first place) who can move and throw himself around with the best of them. He does look hard as nails, sorry, that's a nonsense.

The fact that he's black is also very important. Sure, some gammon will cry positive discrimination, or whatever, but black wrestlers are under-represented so when you have one who has a talent for it, has great support from the fanbase and is a likeable guy, then you have a diamond on your hands.

I've never seen him do anything agile at all. He is a physical mess, I know there was a problem with his heart so thank goodness they were found. I'm not buying in to the underrepresented stuff though. If he is good enough his race makes no issue. The problem is he isn't good enough. He's no Big E, he's no Roman Reigns, he's no Randy Orton, he's no AJ Styles, all I've ever seen him do is throw Adam Cole around. It's great that some people have seen him be agile in the indies, but not everyone watches the indies. To me he's just a fat bloke playing a hard man

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I've never seen him do anything agile at all. He is a physical mess, I know there was a problem with his heart so thank goodness they were found. I'm not buying in to the underrepresented stuff though. If he is good enough his race makes no issue. The problem is he isn't good enough. He's no Big E, he's no Roman Reigns, he's no Randy Orton, he's no AJ Styles, all I've ever seen him do is throw Adam Cole around. It's great that some people have seen him be agile in the indies, but not everyone watches the indies. To me he's just a fat bloke playing a hard man

So all you've seen of him is a gif?

I've seen him over here working for Progress and was a big fan of his NXT run. He could have, should have, had a really great run at the top of the card. They dropped the ball with him. But you are talking absolute bollocks there.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Start by not making him wear a skirt, allow Scarlett to accompany him, give him his proper entrance that he used in NXT and not wear that gimp mask. And maybe not jobbing him in his first main roster match on Raw. Just a few thoughts.

The awkward, embarrassing drama school performance, with Scarlett gurning and lip synching like an idiot?! Some of the worst shit I’ve ever seen. If anything, telling them to pack that nonsense in is one of the smartest things Vince has done in ages.

Kross sucked. Then, now and forever. I mean, fucking hell. Triple H built NXT around him and lost everything. Imagine still thinking he had an upside.

3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah it's kind of heartbreaking seeing on Twitter all these people saying "they'll land on their feet" or "they'll be a star wherever they go" but where is there for any of them to go? AEW may take one or two of them, Impact has a limited budget and barely anyone watches it...what's left? MLW? The indie scene has no buzz, ROH is dead. My guess is we'll never see at least half these people ever again.

Doesn't that kind of justify WWE letting them go then? If they're that unremarkable then why should WWE want to keep them?