Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

Doesn't that kind of justify WWE letting them go then? If they're that unremarkable then why should WWE want to keep them? 

How does a lack of alternative promotions to hire them justify WWE letting them go? And when did I say they were unremarkable? My point was that you have a huge influx of talent leaving WWE but sadly not many options for them. A good portion of these guys definitely aren't unremarkable. Some of them are really great talents but with no where to go. There's only so many available jobs in wrestling that pay a liveable salary afterall.

They are just utterly rudderless and toxic as a company. They seem to have no direction or vision.

None of these current names are surprising. It was the likes of Alister Black, Pac, Revival, Andrade, Bray Wyatt, Buddy Murphy that highlighted the problems in the WWE. How the hell can you fail to make stars out of some of these guys.

You just have to look at the ideas they've had for Keith Lee, Karrion Kross and Adam Cole in recent months to realise how lost this company is.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Winston said:

They are just utterly rudderless and toxic as a company. They seem to have no direction or vision.

The direction and vision is to make as much money as possible for the shareholders in any way possible as quick as possible. They seemingly don't care in the slightest about anything else.

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

How does a lack of alternative promotions to hire them justify WWE letting them go? And when did I say they were unremarkable? My point was that you have a huge influx of talent leaving WWE but sadly not many options for them. A good portion of these guys definitely aren't unremarkable. Some of them are really great talents but with no where to go. There's only so many available jobs in wrestling that pay a liveable salary afterall.

I'm just saying, if they're not good enough for a 2nd tier company like ROH, AEW, or any of the other indie organisations to do whatever is needed to hire them, then are they really good enough for the top tier company to keep?

You're right, there are only so many available jobs in wrestling, and as such those jobs should be filled with the best talent. You didn't see AEW have any issue finding a spot for the likes of Punk or Bryan Danielson, did you? The reason for that is because they're legit top talents and worth the investment. 

If anyone let go was a legit top talent, or had the potential to be, they'd either have been retained by WWE, or will be snapped up by one of the other organisations.

WWE are a business, and if they deem those particular talents not to be worth keeping then they have every right to cut them. There not being enough jobs outside WWE isn't a reason for WWE to keep talent they don't think are up to the job.

If they're never seen again it perhaps just means that they weren't quite up to the job and need to move on to something else.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The direction and vision is to make as much money as possible for the shareholders in any way possible as quick as possible. They seemingly don't care in the slightest about anything else.

It's content. Lots of it. And they have realised they can do it with fewer people. It doesn't matter if it's boring. It doesn't matter if Reigns is in 6 segments or someone is in 3 matches. Or if the same match is paused and restarted or is turned into a tag match or a six-man. They've got a bland formula that fills time, they're getting paid regardless and they're making money.

A reminder that I said early that the best thing Vince could do was flood the market and hope AEW sunk themselves. Vince is on here as King Pitcos. Calling it now.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Has any one checked their local Sunglass Hut for Taylor Wilde…?

Spotted, Claire Lynch at Universal Studios Orlando

18 minutes ago, David said:

If they're never seen again it perhaps just means that they weren't quite up to the job and need to move on to something else.

Or it just means there are less places for them to work. Tony Khan and Scott D'Amore don't sign everyone they want from WWE when released because there are only so many slots. WWE is happy to provide Kofi vs Ziggler for the 10,000 time but can't find room for the released talent? Your comment also suggests that people are only put into the position of a Cena or Reigns because they are up to the job, which you know is nonsense. Cena was almost fired until he started rapping. Hogan isn't the best wrestler of the 80's, he was given the push and support when a Ricky Steamboat didn't. It always comes down to booking and promotion over ability.

2 hours ago, stewdogg said:

I don't get the Keith Lee love, he is basically a black version of me. Morbidly obese with a huge gut, looks tired constantly and looks like he could drop down of a heart attack at any time. I don't wear spandex but I'm sure I'd look as stupid as he does in it. He doesn't look like he could beat you up, or intimidating in the slightest, any decent fighter would just dance around him and stay away from his stupid pounce thing.

Keith Lee is very much not a black version of you and I've never seen you. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

. Tony Khan and Scott D'Amore don't sign everyone they want from WWE when released because there are only so many slots.

I think David is in agreement with that but his point, as I'm reading it, is that if one of these name's is good enough for TK or Damore to let someone go to free up a "slot" they will, and if they don't perhaps they aren't good enough at the job, or perceived to have the potential, in the current hirer's market.

Edited by Tommy!

Just now, Tommy! said:

I think David is in agreement with that but his point, as I'm reading it, is that if one of these name's is good enough for TK or Damore to let someone go to free up a "slot" they will, and if they don't perhaps they aren't good enough at the job in the current hirer's market.

Bingo. 

I hate seeing anyone lose their jobs, but sometimes it's just how it goes. 

• Paid Members

There's no doubting that the raft of releases, both WWE and ROH, will leave them all in a tough spot.

Its not like there's much room for a new company startup or even someone like Impact expanding with a new show, given there's a first run wrestling programme on US TV every night of the week as it is.

Its probable that at least some will end up leaving full-time wrestling altogether.

Part of the reason ROH ended up in this mess is because it continued to pay its talent through the pandemic and without releasing anyone. Ditto AEW, Impact and others.

The fact that the market leader can crow about record profits on the same day it bins a load of them off, just shows that disconnect.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

That twitter post is so whiny. It's life, get on with it. It's not fucked up at all, you wanted to go for the job and unfortunately it hasn't worked out. Is it shit, yes, is it fucked up though?

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Perhaps they might need to be considering another career? There are plenty of people, for example that couldn't make it as actors so they have other jobs on the side until they get their break or they have to get a full time job while pursuing their chosen career. Again it is shit, but it's the real world. The company shouldn't keep them on just because they can afford to, it's mental to suggest that the WWE is anything other than just about making as much money as possible. If you ran a company and you had no work would you keep people on the books, or would you and your shareholders pocket the savings?

1 hour ago, Winston said:

None of these current names are surprising. It was the likes of Alister Black, Pac, Revival, Andrade, Bray Wyatt, Buddy Murphy that highlighted the problems in the WWE. How the hell can you fail to make stars out of some of these guys.

You just have to look at the ideas they've had for Keith Lee, Karrion Kross and Adam Cole in recent months to realise how lost this company is.

Didn't Pac walk out cause he realised he was being misused?

I just wonder whether Vince now doesn't actually care about what he puts out, as long as he puts something out. I saw a tweet earlier and it was basically they need a few top starts, with about 20 in the midcard and then bring back Brock, Edge, Goldberg every now and again to keep people happy. They don't need/want to keep more expensive wrestlers like Keith Lee or Karrion Kross when they can just go and get any fanboy wrestler who won't understand their worth and who are just happy to be there. They don't need to have a good product or good TV with a view to increase PPV buys as they've already got the money in the bank.

Edited by stewdogg

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, stewdogg said:

That twitter post is so whiny. It's life, get on with it. It's not fucked up at all, you wanted to go for the job and unfortunately it hasn't worked out. Is it shit, yes, is it fucked up though?

You know Jordynne Grace wasn't released and has never been employed by the WWE right? 

1 minute ago, stewdogg said:

Perhaps they might need to be considering another career? There are plenty of people, for example that couldn't make it as actors so they have other jobs on the side until they get their break or they have to get a full time job while pursuing their chosen career. Again it is shit, but it's the real world. The company shouldn't keep them on just because they can afford to, it's mental to suggest that the WWE is now just about making as much money as possible. If you ran a company and you had no work would you keep people on the books, or would you and your shareholders pocket the savings?

Didn't Pac walk out cause he realised he was being misused?

I just wonder whether Vince now doesn't actually care about what he puts out, as long as he puts something out. I saw a tweet earlier and it was basically they need a few top starts, with about 20 in the midcard and then bring back Brock, Edge, Goldberg every now and again to keep people happy. They don't need/want to keep more expensive wrestlers like Keith Lee or Karrion Kross when they can just go and get any fanboy wrestler who won't understand their worth and who are just happy to be there. They don't need to have a good product or good TV with a view to increase PPV buys as they've already got the money in the bank.

Are you Toni from Peep Show? Your a sentence away from patting Keith Lee on the bonce saying 'WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD KEITH!'