Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

I can’t begrudge anyone making some videos and trying to stir up some buzz. I just wish people would try something other than the prison/asylum stuff. Everyone copying each other’s homework is so boring.

I’m still convinced the best usage of Buddy Murphy is The Elite bringing him in as Kenny Omega’s stunt double whenever Omega finally takes a break to heal his injuries.

Black and Murphy coming in as some kind of edgy, Goth, Outsiders blasting through everyone because 'The Other Place' made them deranged is exactly the kind of thing that 21 year old me would have loved but I'd shake my head at now. 

It also looks at least halfway to what they're going to do and I don't know how I feel about it.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the new game has been delayed until next March, with all the recent releases being cited as a potential reason from a fairly detailed but admittedly unverified article which has just come out:

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/games/wrestling/wwe-2k22-delay-details-strained/

I reckon best thing to do at this point would be to have your roster as Reigns, Cena, Lesnar, Triple H and bury everything else in the Create-a-Wrestler mode. 

5 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Looks like the new game has been delayed until next March, with all the recent releases being cited as a potential reason from a fairly detailed but admittedly unverified article which has just come out:

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/games/wrestling/wwe-2k22-delay-details-strained/

I reckon best thing to do at this point would be to have your roster as Reigns, Cena, Lesnar, Triple H and bury everything else in the Create-a-Wrestler mode. 

Imagine spending sleepless nights getting the Fiend character models and entrance *just right* and then finding out via Twitter he's gone.

Had no idea who he was, but the vibe I'm getting from that interview is one of further homogenisation of their product. Nothing in there that inspires much confidence, really, in the future. They really, really want to just be Marvel or Disney. Maybe eventually they'll be like Kraftwerk and just trade real performers in for animatronics. 

I really don't know much about Nick Khan, despite following all the backstage news for years his name has seemed to almost come from nowhere and is now everywhere.

Like, what is his background exactly? A quick google search doesn't reveal much, am I being naĂŻve to think he's a bit of a chancer who has managed to get in Vince's ear and impressed him with some cooperate jargon?

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I really don't know much about Nick Khan, despite following all the backstage news for years his name has seemed to almost come from nowhere and is now everywhere.

Like, what is his background exactly? A quick google search doesn't reveal much, am I being naĂŻve to think he's a bit of a chancer who has managed to get in Vince's ear and impressed him with some cooperate jargon?

The Wrestlenomics podcast has talked about him quite a bit. He's basically the business-to-business guy. It's not so much corporate jargon as he's the guy that convinced Vince to start looking at businesses and networks as his customers more than viewers. So the ridiculous-money deals with Fox and Peacock are the things he's overseen - and, as a result, made WWE more ludicrously profitable than ever, despite a pandemic, no audiences and reduced viewers. Heavy speculation is that he's the guy being trusted with selling WWE, which is part of why they're maximising how profitable they are. 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:30 AM, theringmaster said:

So, I have since watched that interview and found him very interesting. I got to admit i kind of liked him and can totally see how he could convince people like Vince to do stuff.

Although he gave a lot of 'political answers' to key questions where he kind of side stepped the actual question, I do think he explained some of their motives pretty well. A lot of it goes back to the 'I'm in the entertainment business' Vince famously said to Ted Turner, Khan seems to have taken that mantra and expanded on it to a far greater scale than perhaps Vince ever could have.

I found the comments about 'local markets' interesting, that says to me that NXT UK might be getting a bit more of a push soon (already noticed strong BT Adverts and of course the football sponsorship). The reality is a UK House Show with Tyler Bate as the star attraction is just not going to sell, I would argue that pretty much every member of NXT UK could walk down any high street and not be noticed by anybody.

• Paid Members

The Iiconics doing a tour of the independents is very on brand for 2021. They’ll probably end up taking on Minoru Suzuki in a handicap match.

That’s - ahem - quite a look, isn’t it? Wouldn’t surprise me at all for them to be brought back sooner rather than later.