Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Out of all of the releases over the last two years, I'm sure there has only been Matt Cardona that nobody wanted in AEW, absolute madness how every release gets the 'AEW should sign them' treatment. Now, if AEW were to sign Jay Lethal alongside Flair, now THAT I would have time for. 

How long before Flair is bleading a gusher with his arse hanging out?

I think part of the problem is that a lot of those released recently are actually decent(and have shown it either in WWE/the indies), so people can see how they would be good for AEW. Obviously there are exceptions, but the likes of Rusev/Miro and Black are a mile away from the no=hopers they always used to let go in these firing sprees. 

As for Flair, he doesn't need to be under contract to anyone. I'm sure he will do well financially by just working on a pay-per-appearance basis as and when he is needed(and I can't imagine he does bad from merch sales, royalties, etc). 

• Paid Members

Ric Flair has absolutely nothing left to offer the business in an on-screen capacity and quite honestly in this day and age, I'm not sure he has anything to offer in a backstage role either. I want him nowhere near AEW at all. 

In fact, the one possible use for him would likely be in the NWA but even with Ric Flair as he is now that would be a waste of him.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

As for Flair, he doesn't need to be under contract to anyone. I'm sure he will do well financially by just working on a pay-per-appearance basis as and when he is needed(and I can't imagine he does bad from merch sales, royalties, etc). 

This is why I think he has plans in mind - he could be getting paid to sit at home right now, with very few restrictions on outside earnings. To leave WWE now makes me think he's going somewhere specific.

I don't know what he has to offer AEW, but ai like the continuity of having a show on Turner TV with Flair, Arn, Tully, Sting and Schiavone on it, and used sparingly he could be a nice addition in terms of just legitimising them as a major player and not just a group of indie darlings.

Flair interacting with Orange Cassidy might be the thing to finally finish Cornette off.

• Paid Members

Flair is a total WWE shill these days, can’t see it myself. He’ll stick around in some capacity.

Everything’s been “Hunter and Shawn” are marvellous for the past ten years.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Flair is a total WWE shill these days

Flair is a total shill full stop. If AEW, Impact or Johnny Kickpadz All American Wrestling live from Pisswidle Corn Exchange gave him a big enough check I've no doubt he'd do it. 

He'll big up anyone paying the bills and playing his ego.