Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

Surely NXT UK would be for the chopping block if WWE was sold. 

Outside of UK talent hording does it serve any purpose or even make any money? Hell how many people even watch it? 

Seems to have the least buzz of any WWE brand. Hell I forget it even exists until cuts are made. 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to NXT UK once venues start to operate again and crowds come back. I honestly don’t know how it will affect attendance numbers (which were pretty low to begin with), wrestling is about as uncool as it’s ever been and the shows were pretty much attended by absolute diehards and Tommy Cannon that one time. Post #speakingout, you would think that a fair number will have said “fuck this” and stay away from shows run by shot arises and featuring wrong-uns, but there will still be a pocket of fans that will support the industry no matter what

NXT UK talent are on low money, cheap to make as block recorded and have a tv deal. No one watches but it’s easy made 

NXT UK doesn't attract me in at all to watch. 

I think the feel of it is such a low level version of a WWE TV production that I just cannot get into it at all. You have some good talents there. 

You also have a good few alleged wrong uns on the roster there that makes me not want to support that product.

The ratings are so low for nxt uk they didn't even track, according to WON anyway,

I had mates who went not long before Pandemic and they bought cheapest tickets but practically had front row the attendance was so low, they just got pushed forward.

If they want it to be a long term success when crowds return surely they need to give it a draw? Like a Balor type figure? Guys and girls who have populated progress, Fight club and Kami for years are not going to make people spend premium price for tickets to see

3 hours ago, theringmaster said:

Guys and girls who have populated progress, Fight club and Kami for years are not going to make people spend premium price for tickets to see

Yeah this was always going to be the problem - paying WWE prices for the same talent you could see for ÂŁ12-ÂŁ15 at your local venue just a few months earlier [or at the same time in some cases].

I'm assuming it's case of cheap content for the Network and a possible tax write off for WWE.

5 hours ago, theringmaster said:

The ratings are so low for nxt uk they didn't even track, according to WON anyway,

I had mates who went not long before Pandemic and they bought cheapest tickets but practically had front row the attendance was so low, they just got pushed forward.

If they want it to be a long term success when crowds return surely they need to give it a draw? Like a Balor type figure? Guys and girls who have populated progress, Fight club and Kami for years are not going to make people spend premium price for tickets to see

Yeah I'm with you here. 

I'm certain that there was an interview with HHH that said that fans are paying to see WWE and the talent are now WWE superstars. 

If that was the case and the talent are being equally compared to fellow superstars on the US NXT or Raw and Smackdown then the ticket price isn't worth it. 

Im not up for paying ÂŁ45 notes when I can see the majority of the talent when shows open back up at reputable independent promotion for ÂŁ15. The fancy Tron and WWE ring isn't worth the extra ÂŁ30

In other news, the kick-back Aleister Black/Tommy End is getting for not shitting on WWE by certain sections of Twitter is just baffling.

It's like they genuinely can't get their heads around the fact he is not bitter or angry about being let go.
Shit, even Karl Anderson has come forward and said that wrestlers who get released by WWE should 'Stop saying thank you' 

Honestly, have just seen one response to him saying 'I got on well with Vince' with somebody saying 'It's not his place to say that! Clearly Vince didn't like him or he wouldn't have fired him'.

Why wouldn't Black/End be thankful? He'll have made the best money he's ever made in his career these past few years, have got more exposure than he's ever had before AND met his wife through working with WWE - but, yeah, he MUST be pissed off that he was never world champion and didn't headline WrestleMania.
People are weird.

46 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

Im not up for paying ÂŁ45 notes when I can see the majority of the talent when shows open back up at reputable independent promotion for ÂŁ15. The fancy Tron and WWE ring isn't worth the extra ÂŁ30

Are the NXT UK lot still allowed to do independent dates too?

9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

I think they are if the promotion they are working for has insurance and a paramedic on site throughout the event. 

9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

From what I recall, they could with the ones that WWE had partnerships with, so those were Progress, ICW and wXw l, and as @Joe Blogsaid, so long as there was a paramedic present. That little stip took a lot of promotions out of the picture as the vast majority of those wouldn’t have the funds to make sure they have a paramedic present

11 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Honestly it's ludicrous that some promotions still don't have a paramedic on site.

If they can't stump up the cash for that they shouldn't be running shows as far as I'm concerned.

Oh I agree completely. But this is the thing with wrestling, it’s existed outside of the real world for so long as well as having no governing body because it’s not a legit sport that they’ve been able to get away with that kind of shit

I can remember at the time lots of people kicking up a stink and calling an “outrageous demand” by WWE, when in reality it’s a perfectly reasonable request and something that should be in place regardless 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Wasn't there some heat on one promotion because Pete Dunne got bust up from a belt shot? 

WWE is no doubt a shitty company but not wanting their talent fucked up and at the very least having a paramedic on hand is pretty reasonable.

Edited by The King Of Swing