Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Black and Riot in AEW. Huge fan of both and they never really got a proper shot under Vince. Lana is an obvious pairing with Miro.

Braun I can take or leave personally but the first words out of my ten year old's mouth when she heard the news were 'I hope Braun goes to AEW.'

Impact Wrestling's going to go down the swanny before they get noodle hair off the books, at this rate. 

What a mad bunch of bastards the WWE are. The bottom line's always clearly been about turning record profits at all costs, but they've become so disturbingly adept at it in the face of the creative abyss that it really is a long term case study at this point that'll probably end with them having a five hour Raw nobody watches and making all their money by keeping the big fish alive through some weird gene therapy so they can be licensed out on an ad-hoc basis to global tyrants as playthings. 

As invincible as we make them out to be, as time goes on I keep thinking they must be two or three dodgy deals or renegotiations away from a serious downsizing disaster. Maybe they do want to sell, writing on the wall. They created a brand of wrestling that peaked years ago, and they have no way out beyond it. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

1 hour ago, seph said:

Who of Paul and Steph would want to sell their lifetime's work? and to move onto what, especially where everything that the company's tried outside of wrestling has either fallen on its ass or made a little bank but had no real progress?

They will sell, cash out all that stock and will get a massive bonus to stay by the new owner. Win-win.

Same happened to the company I work for.

Edited by LWOLeN

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LWOLeN said:

They will sell, cash out all that stock and will get a massive bonus to stay by the new owner. Win-win.

Assuming that new owner isn't set on using their own personnel. It's impossible to underestimate the intelligence of an given boardroom.

3 minutes ago, seph said:

Assuming that new owner isn't set on using their own personnel. It's impossible to underestimate the intelligence of an given boardroom.

First years they usually want to keep things as-is for the outside world.

• Paid Members

Evil Uno showing a level of class Strowman could only dream of.

It's obviously far from their biggest problem, but as someone who hasn't watched Raw or Smackdown since Wrestlemania these announced cuts definitely add to me not being arsed to jump back in. They're already the most lifeless chore to watch, and now you're sacking people three weeks into a return, after they've just shot a big angle? Why the fuck would anyone bother wasting their time watching?!

With each round of cuts I want less and less people to go to AEW. Did you see that show on Sunday? They don't need anyone. They feel hot as fuck with tonnes of exciting stuff on the horizon.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I don't really want to see any of those names turn up in AEW but I would pay actual money to watch Braun throw Marko Stunt around for ten minutes as a one off.

I'd pay the same to watch Marko Stunt throw Braun around for ten minutes as a one-off.

• Paid Members

Always find the cuts confusing. Like why sack all these guys but keep Baron Corbin, Ziggler and all the other dead weight?

I'm also of the opinion that WWE are preparing for a sale or at least a massive offload of stock. Everything they are doing recently seems to be leading towards a big change. Vince knows his time is coming up and maybe Steph or Hunter are happy to cash out and move on? Whatever they are planning they seem to have no actual interest in the wrestling side of things anymore. Complete autopilot. 

• Paid Members

Everyone has already forgotten the talks of ESPN+ buying WWE and taking the PPV’s off the network and putting them on their own platform like they did with UFC just weeks before the pandemic. 

All the streamlined decisions and cutting back on office staff and departments would suggest this is the direction they are going in. Also, it would make a killing conclusion to the Vince McMahon documentary Netflix is making...