Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

Tom Phillips is the absolute best at what they want. He manages to tick all their boxes and deliver all the shit they want their announces to say, but without it feeling forced or super distracting. It’s hilarious that they’ve fired him in favour of hiring any fucker who’s ever announced anything before. The Poundland Joe Rogan from Bellator? One month max.

Hire Don West, you cowards.

• Paid Members

I wish they still had Tenay & West doing commentary somewhere. Get them on one of those upcomng AEW shows. 

• Paid Members

FWIW, I'm all for WWE clearing the decks in order to freshen up their roster. It just doesn't happen though. We get these big clearouts every year and then still have the same 30 people on every single show.

Edited by tiger_rick

I’m genuinely intrigued by the prospect of Braun in AEW. Initially he may not go down so well with some of the fans, but he has the potential to be a standout big man for the company. They’ve already shown that they can book around a talent’s weaknesses (except Cody’s - that weakness being his ego) so I think he’d surprise a lot of people.

Ruby Riott would be a great addition to the AEW women’s division, and could be a far bigger deal than WWE let her be.

I’d also enjoy Miro and Lana reuniting. Lama’s weak in ring, but as a non-wrestler she’s already proven that she can be a strong performer. 

Heck, I think I’d like to see AEW sign all of them. 

Incredible that this company couldn’t do anything with the likes of Braun, Andrade, Aleister Black & Murphy.

A huge failing. WWE is spiralling towards a really dark place.

Edited by Winston

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m genuinely intrigued by the prospect of Braun in AEW. Initially he may not go down so well with some of the fans, but he has the potential to be a standout big man for the company. They’ve already shown that they can book around a talent’s weaknesses (except Cody’s - that weakness being his ego) so I think he’d surprise a lot of people.

Ruby Riott would be a great addition to the AEW women’s division, and could be a far bigger deal than WWE let her be.

I’d also enjoy Miro and Lana reuniting. Lama’s weak in ring, but as a non-wrestler she’s already proven that she can be a strong performer. 

Heck, I think I’d like to see AEW sign all of them. 

Standout big man? If there is one thing AEW doesn't need it is that with the likes of Wardlow, Cage, Lance Archer already. Riott is a good shout. Lana obviously and both Black and Murphy are good in ring but I could see them more going to Impact then AEW where they can stand out more.

• Paid Members

Braun has to be the biggest release in a long while surely (if Bryan is still with the company)?

He'd a former World Champion, is one of the few to beat Goldberg and wrestled a McMahon at WrestleMania like a month ago.

Baffling how they consistently seemed to drop the ball with him.

Murphy is probably the one on that list I wouldn't want in AEW, NWA maybe (with a manager as his mouth piece he could be quite good) but he wouldn't add anything to the company that's not already there.

• Paid Members

I said originally, the biggest thing WWE could do to harm AEW is flood the market and hope they eat themselves creatively, financially or both. Hopefully they're selective about who they take, when and what they do with them. I'm not sure I'd touch any of these lot initially. Bigger fish to fry.

Braun will be NOTHING without the train noises. Just another case of the Rybacks there, although he seems less of a twat than him.

Gutted about Black. I was honestly excited about his return. He'll smash it wherever he goes.

Murphy is a solid hand but tough to get over personality wise. Which means he'd be fine in Impact or ROH.

The women? Ruby's obviously the best out of all of them and would be a solid if unspectacular addition to a division somewhere else. Lana I feel sorry for after everything she's been through but she was still a bit rubbish. And I'm surprised it took them this long on Santana.

• Paid Members

While it's surprising, there's no-one on that list (except Black) who I can see adding anything to WWE right now and who wouldn't be better off coming back after a bit of a break away from the company. They have so much talent under contract and everything is so stale currently that I can absolutely see why they might decide to cut a few loose.

One of the things that made wrestling so interesting in the past (and even pre-internet) was the turnover of talent, even in WWF. People would come and go and the cards would be fresher as a result. If this means that talent can go elsewhere and have fresh matches, while WWE can inject some fresh blood into their TV shows I can definitely see how this could be beneficial all around. Obviously it's never nice to see people lose their jobs, but I can't see any of those talents struggling for work outside WWE. 

Outside of perhaps Ruby, I can't see any of these guys filling a void. To counter that, Khan has said he wants to expand the roster, and I could see him picking up Black and Strowman. Lana, I could see, bring her in alongside Miro, drop the accent and be a power couple.