Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

Yep. Guess that Ronda's pregnancy and Becky's motherhood has finally put to bed any possibility of that 'Four Horsewomen' 4 vs 4 match that was mooted a few years back, which in turn has probably led to Duke's release. Wouldn't be surprised to see Marina Shafir follow suit.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Are any of those a good fit for AEW's women's roster? Duke was the former UFC fighter, right?

5-2 as an amateur and 3-5 as a pro (1-4 in the UFC). Let’s not kid ourselves, she was there because she was Ronda’s mate, but the few appearances she had weren’t a complete disaster. 
Not familiar with Skylet Storey, but it depends whether or not Vanessa Borne wants to stay in wrestling as to whether or not she could add to AEW. Since Tay Conti went there she’s improved massively, perhaps Borne could do the same but like I say, depends on whether or not she wants to stay in the industry or not.

Ive always had a soft spot for Alexander Wolfe ever since I met him at Download a few years back. He was just out & about in the afternoon and we just said hello as he walked by and thought that would be it, but he came over and asked if he could sit with us for a bit. We ended up talking for about 15 minutes just about the bands with very little wrestling talk at all. He even offered to buy us a drink which was really nice of him to offer.

Drake Wurtz fall from grace of being the best ref in the business to being exposed as an absolute pillock is quite satisfying though. Good riddance you weirdo

Edited by WyattSheepMask

13 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Drake Wurtz fall from grace of being the best ref in the business to being exposed as an absolute pillock is quite satisfying though. Good riddance you weirdo

Yeah by all accounts he was somebody almost everyone wanted signed to WWE when he was Drake Younger because he was such a nice guy and now he seems to have gone total nutbar and pissed off even long time friends with his crazy bullshit.

Too many drugs/shots to the head?

18 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah by all accounts he was somebody almost everyone wanted signed to WWE when he was Drake Younger because he was such a nice guy and now he seems to have gone total nutbar and pissed off even long time friends with his crazy bullshit.

Too many drugs/shots to the head?

Listening to a podcast David Bixenspan appeared on about wrestling and Qanon, he mentioned Drake's head got turned by people at the church where he "found god". 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

He is the most orange man I have ever seen.

First time I noticed him, probably a year or so ago, I nicknamed him Babytista as he reminded me of a Batista ordered on wish who had shrunk in the wash.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, The Dart said:

Vanessa Borne, Skyler Storey, Jessamyn Duke also released according to PWInsider.

That’s a shame about Vanessa Borne. I thought she was someone who could be decent on the main roster. She was teaming with Aliyah last time I watched nxt and I don’t know how she’s still there. She must have something on them. 

Skyler Storey/Brandi Lauren surprises as me as she’s one of the newer recruits. Could see her going to AEW considering she’s with Janela. 

Jessamyn going was a long time coming. Is Marina still there? They only got signed to be Shayna’s back up and the possible four horsewomen feud. 

I saw in an updated list that Kavita Devi is gone as well as Jake Clemons and Ezra Judge. But I have no idea who those two are. 

• Paid Members

Re: Drake Wuertz - it's strange to think that when he was addicted to Crystal Meth that he was more likely a more reasonable person. Do drugs, kids!

I saw one sports journalist saying he's had other wrestlers at NXT saying how racist Drake was and they were uncomfortable working with him.

Seems like he's become a complete piece of shit, too much for even the WWE to keep on.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I saw one sports journalist saying he's had other wrestlers at NXT saying how racist Drake was and they were uncomfortable working with him.

Seems like he's become a complete piece of shit, too much for even the WWE to keep on.

considering the people they have had and the people they still employ, how bad must it be that even the WWE were like, yeah this guy has to go?

Just now, TheBurningRed said:

Jessamyn going was a long time coming. Is Marina still there? They only got signed to be Shayna’s back up and the possible four horsewomen feud. 

Marina is married to Roderick Strong so that may save her for the time being.  Her and Jessamyn have both been under contract for over three years and have practically done nothing the whole time.  Duke last wrestled in December 2019, so has been paid for 18 months to just train at the PC.

• Paid Members

Drake Younger's arc from small time indie rookie, to deathmatch king, to drug-addicted hasbeen, to getting cleaned up and becoming one of the hottest babyfaces on the indie scene and rising to the top, to getting signed by WWE and becoming a head referee at their performance centre, to reff'ing the biggest match at the 2018 WrestleMania with Ronda Rousey, Kurt Angle and the McMahon-Helmsley duo...man, what a fucking redemption story. Everyone loved that guy. I find PMA people to be incredibly exhausting and fake, but he always came across as genuine, loved life and loved everyone around him. That AOW podcast he did around the time of his big PWG rise, and his appearances on Kevin Steen's YouTube show, really cemented him as one of the loveliest men in the business.

Everyone was incredibly happy to see him get signed. It's a fucking travesty what happened after all that. Sucked into an extreme right-wing rhetoric, even to the point of getting his kids, friends and workmates involved, and now he's lost his job because of it. Throwing tantrums at work because your boss talked about inclusivity and other religions? For fucks sake, man. I'm sure he's going to spin his release into martyrdom and he'll blame it on Twitter, the left-wing and 'cancel culture', and people who really should know better will be proving his point by constantly harassing him on social media. It's sad.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

Marina is married to Roderick Strong so that may save her for the time being.

I think this overplays Rodericks position in the company quite a bit. They let Andrade go!