Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

Johnny Ace can ask them what a stan is when he hears actually what they sound like real from after his next Sports Illustrated swimsuit thumb turner. 

He married Mama Bella didn't he? How old was Moolah when she got that run. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

So much, it us infuriating. Its honestly up there with people who put two people's names together to make a collective couple name as why I hate most people.

Why's it infuriating? Language develops. 

• Paid Members

Exactly. Example: we've adopted in general the suffix "-holic" to signify a person addicted to something, despite the fact that it's just the last half of the adjective of "alcohol". Or adding "-gate" as a suffix to words to imply a scandal, just because Watergate was significant enough to become representative of all modern scandals in which something was leaked or came to light.

This very discussion about the word "stan" - it signifies an obsessive fan, which is in itself an example of necessary language change, because the word "fan" has become such a common term that it's lost the same, particular nuance of its origin word, "fanatic".

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Why's it infuriating? Language develops. 

I honestly don't know why. Truthfully, I think it's just one of those bugs for me that I'll never be able to fully explain.

Part of me thinks it may be from having to mark school work where people use phrases like Stan, referred to Romeo and Juliet as Rooliet and called dogs doggos that makes me not like language anymore.

I was also a miserable prick this morning so that didn't help.

It's a shite response. "We're sorry we released you as a budget cut when making huge profits and that we've fostered a working environment where people think its acceptable to send women a bin bag. We've fired the guy who sent the bin bag." 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Drake Wuertz and Alexander Wolfe reportedly released, not sure if those are correct or if there are any more releases impending.

If Wolfe has been released, that would be a surprise with the recent storyline in NXT.

Screenshot_20210519-202917_Twitter.jpg