Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Factotum said:

Also his match with Lesnar which was heating up into a cracker was cut short by one F5. The line when he told Brock to look at him when he was talking to him got such a reaction only WWE could somehow not pull the trigger.

Unfortunately pulling the trigger would have meant Lesnar losing the belt between Mania 33 and 34, shattering the all-encompassing plan of building another huge reign for Lesnar, before he finally lost it to Roman, for which everyone else on the show needed to sacrifice. Apart from the small detail of when Lesnar finally faced Reigns one on one at Mania 34, he BEAT him, in the most senseless “this is really beyond a fucking joke” Lugering of all time.

Reigns, it should be noted, lost at the same show as Lesnar/Joe. Because of course he did.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

I never liked Mojo Rawley, but I'd give him points for trying. The lad seemed to throw himself into every idea he was pitched, and for three weeks before they'd give up on it, he'd at least try whatever weird shit they suggested. He just wasn't much. Won the Andre Battle Royal. Madness. 

I think Mojo also did a lot of work with the Saudi relationship, having family from that area (speaking some Arabic, I assume). That’s kind of ground to a halt due to covid though which didn’t help.

Gutted about Billie. Couldn’t wrestle for toffee but I found her utterly charming! 

40 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Unfortunately pulling the trigger would have meant Lesnar losing the belt between Mania 33 and 34, shattering the all-encompassing plan of building another huge reign for Lesnar, before he finally lost it to Roman, for which everyone else on the show needed to sacrifice. Apart from the small detail of when Lesnar finally faced Reigns one on one at Mania 34, he BEAT him, in the most senseless “this is really beyond a fucking joke” Lugering of all time.

Reigns, it should be noted, lost at the same show as Lesnar/Joe. Because of course he did.

Fuck me reading this back I had forgotten just how horrendous WWE has been for years.

Of course Joe in AEW would be grand, but if he has medical issues which mean WWE can't pass him for in ring; would it not also be an issue for AEW since they are also in bed with sponspors/network in a similar way?

Something to give WWE a bit of credit on recently is they do seem to take medical advice seriously these days

6 minutes ago, courageous said:

Of course Joe in AEW would be grand, but if he has medical issues which mean WWE can't pass him for in ring; would it not also be an issue for AEW since they are also in bed with sponspors/network in a similar way?

Something to give WWE a bit of credit on recently is they do seem to take medical advice seriously these days

It didn’t stop TNA when they brought in Nigel McGuiness. They had sponsors and a network too, and Nigel had missed out on WWE due to a medical issue which may or may not have been Hepatitis C, I don’t know if it was ever officially revealed what the issue was.

But, a few weeks later, there he was bleeding everywhere during a match with Kurt Angle, a man also let go by WWE due to various medical issues.

Obviously, that’s not to say that AEW are the same type of shitarses* that TNA were at the time. I suppose it all depends on what doctors they have working for them/testing people.

* Then again, they did let Matt Hardy continue a match when he could well have had a bleed on his brain

12 minutes ago, courageous said:

I think looking at how they dealt with things like Matt Hardy nearly cracking his head open on live TV they won't be too concerned.
Besides, it could be the same 'WWE doctors won't clear him' situation that Daniel Bryan had where every other doctor on Earth cleared him but WWE's wouldn't... until he told him he was going to leave when his contract came up and then they miraculously did.

They also brought Angle BACK given he had the posture of Turtle with a way too heavy shell.

Also did Christian and Edge find some magic beans. Wasn't Christian written off as retired medically?

Haven't seen Joe in years but he'll do alright somewhere, guys got a great swagger. Could be Mox and Eddie's 'Winston Wolf' in AEW, that'd be fun.

Only other one I've really ever noticed was Billie Kay, who I've only seen work a few times and was fucking tragic. But as an actual personality she's really funny and if she can't get into a company anywhere or CBA she'd be great doing something to make use of her being genuinely funny. She seems to funny to be fucking about in wrestling.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Wasn't Christian written off as retired medically?

Same thing as Bryan. WWE doctors said he was too damaged from concussions but when he went to a bunch of other doctors they all said he was completely fine.

• Paid Members

I don't know why, but the idea of Joe turning up once his non compete is up, battering the Impact champion (which I guess could be Omega thus opening up an AEW run too) and just saying something like "Daddy's home" ala the AJ feud as the show goes off the air, sounds phenomenal to me.

• Paid Members

A friend and I had an idea that on the July 18th Dynamite Darby Allin wins a match in his TNT title open challenge series, then afterwards as he's celebrating Joe's music hits (be it the one he had in TNA, heck get the rights to Godzilla/Mama Said Knock You Out if need be) and out he comes to accept the challenge for the following week. Have him put a beatdown on Sting as well so he can't be involved. Then there's a week for AEW and TNT to hype Joe's in ring debut. 

• Paid Members

It’ll probably be hard for John Laurinaitis to contact Velveteen. I suspect it’s been company policy for months that he’s not allowed a phone.

Them keeping Riddle is the best. Clearly see nothing in him, yet are more than happy to keep humiliating him on TV rather than get rid. Fantastic.