Billie Kay and Mickie James released (+ others)

I Bent My Wookie

9 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Honestly, it's genuinely sad when somebody falls down the conspiracy rabbit hole. Someone I know who worked with the NHS quit because she started to believe the conspiracy theories, and is spouting them on social media, saying all NHS staff know covid is a scam and that they're too scared to speak out. She now has young kids, no job, and no source of income. I can't speak for whether or not she's "vulnerable", but certainly she had an extremely difficult upbringing. It's frustrating when you see people refusing to wear masks or denying that Covid even exists, but it's often desperately sad on a number of levels when you break it down and look at the human being spouting that nonsense. 

Sometimes they're just cunts though. 

Maybe she can get a job on Bournemouth council. 

• Paid Members

They look extra shitty firing Velveteen Dream after defending him and downplaying any questions about him in conference calls for nearly a year.

“He was in a car accident. Once he was medically cleared to be able to return to the ring from his car accident, we continued forward the way we did. We looked into what was there and we didn't find anything,” - Triple H.

What changed, then? If he’s innocent then why is he now gone?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I'm so gutted that Velveteen turned out to be a wrong 'un. He was the most interesting, most talented new star they've ever had in the Performance Centre era. My interest in NXT pretty much died when his push did.

The guy had incredible potential, what a fucking idiot.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

My interest in NXT pretty much died when his push did.

Same here. Once he got those accusations NXT just died for me. He was a character on a show filled to the brim with Johnny Kickpadz. To be fair though I look at it now with the likes of Gargano and Ciampa still there, and Kool Kyle and I'm thankful I did stop watching anyway.

The rise and fall of that guy is just ridiculous really. He could've been a game changer.

He felt so hot at some points during his career but I'm not convinced they really knew what to do with a guy like him long term anyway.

Beyond all his shitty personal stuff his booking ended up a bit crap anyway.

• Paid Members

I remember making a jokey post about that picture of those lads who looked like the (bright) future of WWE a couple of years ago. Ricochet being a lightweight JTTS and Black being on about his third restart already seem utterly predictable. Dream being a bit of a nonce wasn't as likely!

I still don't really understand what's gone on this last year. From deciding to defend him and keep him around, then never using him and then releasing him, it's all a bit weird. Suggests either there is some legal issue we're not aware of or they just didn't want to release an asset while there was doubt but are happy he's no longer any sort of asset to anyone.

• Paid Members

I’m still very much of the opinion that, noncery aside, Velveteen was already badly exposed when NXT moved to USA Network. That’s not to say they couldn’t have developed him further, but he didn’t feel anywhere near as special once he was wrestling live on weekly TV. The gap between him and the rest of the top talent was blindingly obvious.

Still, it’s funny to look back at this six-man tag.

7EA6F8D5-89CB-43F1-9C0B-665BB6F91228.jpeg.b09257a87cfde3ed1ec9a0e258f0b78b.jpeg

Much like those Shield vs. Wyatt Family six man tags, it felt like a showcase of the future, where everyone was certain to become a big star. Oh well. The most successful out of the lot of them now is Gargano doing a goofy comedy act.

• Paid Members

I'd guess it was one of two things.

1. Charges are going to be pressed against him about the allegations. 

2. They realized his reputation was too tarnished and he was a lost cause both behind the scenes and to the fans.

Either way, it's a shame his potential has gone to waste, but he is literally unemployable.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Either way, it's a shame his potential has gone to waste, but he is literally unemployable.

He’ll (regrettably) turn up somewhere. Wrestling isn’t exactly known for being self-regulating and taking a moral stand when it comes to wrong ‘uns.

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

He’ll (regrettably) turn up somewhere. Wrestling isn’t exactly known for being self-regulating and taking a moral stand when it comes to wrong ‘uns.

I was going to ask this. Do you think we'll see any of these guys again? After all, as you say, it's wrestling.
I mean, for instance, you know now he's got the God gimmick that the Young Bucks are just dying to book Joey Ryan but their core audience would shit all over it.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

you know now he's got the God gimmick that the Young Bucks are just dying to book Joey Ryan but their core audience would shit all over it.

No, I don't know that, because it's completely baseless speculation - least of all, AEW never booked Joey Ryan before Speaking Out, so it would be strange to think that they're clamouring to do so now that he's been exposed as a rapist and hasn't wrestled anywhere for a year. 

Ryan has tried to weasel his way in through a "charity" booking and it got fucked off pretty spectacularly. I'm not confident about most people named in "Speaking Out" going without a booking, but I'm reasonably sure that Joey Ryan and David Starr had such a monumental fall from grace that we've seen the last of them. 

Velveteen Dream I expect will show up somewhere. There's enough nostalgia-heavy indie shows where "as seen on TV" counts for everything that he can work under the radar without bothering one of the bigger companies, and there's enough promoters that won't give a shit about what he did that will still try and book him regardless.

Drake's different - a lot of that will depend on whether he still wants to wrestle or not. He's too toxic, and too much hard work, for a major company to try and pick up as a referee, but he might still try and get wrestling bookings and there are enough people out there who agree with him (or whose lives aren't affected enough to actively disavow him) that he'll find work. I think he's more likely he moves further into right-wing evangelical circles and tries to launch himself as a personality there - podcasting, talk radio, fundraisers, the usual grift.