Facebook updates that blow your mind v2

Otto Dem Wanz

Just now, lanky316 said:

How the fuck did she pad it up to that sort of cost? That would seem to be about ÂŁ50 worth of sweets

As @Mr_Danger alludes, If she’s bought pick & mix at the cinema, that’s about £2 per 100g so it’s her own fault.

I always get a laugh out of people moaning about cinema prices as if they’ve been forced to buy it. I’m not saying that I never buy anything from there, I’ll occasionally buy a drink if it’s a long movie, but it’s no secret that cinema prices are high, that’s where they (by which I mean the Vues, Cineworlds etc) actually make their money

When all 5 of us go to the cinema we've been know to drop about 30 quid on drinks and snacks but even for that amount it's normally 4 big drinks, a large nachos, a large popcorn and a couple of those share bags of Maltesers or Minstrels. To have spent roughly 50 quid on snacks for her and two kids I can only assume she's filled a bin bag with fudge from the pick n mix.

Edited by cobra_gordo

My local Odeon was often £14 a ticket for adults. You’d expect to take home the Blu Ray for that. If you paid for those gimmicked seats that move or buzz (or whatever it is they do) then it was even more. They had to cut the prices because not enough people were going. But yes, I still say they bought too many sweets. I prefer Cineworld who are just as good as Odeon but cheaper.

1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

When all 5 of us go to the cinema we've been know to drop about 30 quid on drinks and snacks

Eww, I hope your money wasn’t too sticky afterwards and you were able to use it to buy drinks and snacks. 

• Paid Members

I just looked it up out of curiosity; the screen they're showing Paw Patrol in has reclining seats. Booking the best possible seats for an adult and two children would come to ÂŁ28, including the booking fee (which is ÂŁ2.85, though the post makes it sound like this was where they were getting fleeced).

Means they spent in excess of £40 on sweets for two kids. Don't think you can really blame the ODEAN for that one. 

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

I’m guessing she’s counted the entire day out as “going to the cinema” and the Gran has misunderstood. Throw in bus fares/petrol, and a meal before and after AND the snacks and it makes a bit more sense.

Same way I easily used to spend a hundred quid “going to the football” even though the majority of it was spent in the pub.