Facebook updates that blow your mind v2

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Reported the spam links to Facebook, Facebook reply back with, ā€œNah, itā€™s fine. Weā€™ve taken no action.ā€

I don't think I haveĀ everĀ had any other response to reporting a post/comment on Facebook, whether for spam or for hate speech. At least on Twitter I have seen accounts I've reported closed, and Tweets deleted, I haveĀ neverĀ had a Facebook report come back with anything but, "you did the right thing to report this, but we're not doing owt about it".Ā 

On the flipside, I have three or four friends who seem to get suspended all the time, and invariably for posting LGBT content

• 2 weeks later...

A guy was complaining about a company being infiltrated by snowflakes. Someone made a joke and I followed it up with a secondary linked joke and he got the hump. I suggested it was the epitome of being a snowflake by being offended by a joke. No swearing or direct attacks but just asking the question. Next thing I know I'm on a 30 day ban......for bullying!

Ā 

Today someone posted 'you're all fucking jerks' but Facebook said that was OK and not against standards. The hypocrisy and double standards are a joke.

Saw a tweet that said how they sometimes reply to their own Facebook status updates in the manner of a conversation so that people reading it will think he is replying to someone who blocked them. I absolutely support and endorse this initiative.Ā 

21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Saw a tweet that said how they sometimes reply to their own Facebook status updates in the manner of a conversation so that people reading it will think he is replying to someone who blocked them. I absolutely support and endorse this initiative.Ā 

For fucks sake. Iā€™ve been off Facebook for years and I swore an oath to my girlfriend that Iā€™d stop using hers to make her look a tit but this is too good.Ā 
Ā 

In other news Iā€™ve been keeping up with developments of some poor lad whoā€™s gone missing for a couple of weeks and his car was left in our local area despite him not having any ties here. His family have set up a Facebook page so locals can post information. Obviously this means people constantly posting things like ā€œIā€™ve got no information but have you checked cctvā€ or ā€œDoes he have his phone on him!ā€. Each contributor as desperate as the last to be involved in someone elseā€™s tragedy.Ā 

Local Facebook had a woman upload a picture of a Bentley parked across two parent and childĀ bays at Sainsburyā€™s. Opinion was divided. I was in the ā€œBentley Driver is parking like a twat and should pay their Butler to do the shopping insteadā€ campĀ but I decided not to comment.

Iā€™ll cross post this with the minor things that annoy you thread, because it really shouldnā€™t bother me at all, but it does.

As Iā€™m sure many of you have, our estate has a Facebook group which is full of utter busy bodies. This evening somebody has posted a photo of an addressed envelope thatā€™s arrived at the wrong houseĀ and asked ā€œIsĀ the person who lives at this address on here? If so, message me and Iā€™ll pop it through your doorā€.

Why not just pop it through the bloodyĀ door anyway?

• Paid Members

Apparently no bake peanut butter bars are too much for Facebook's algorithms to handle. Presumably for fear of upsetting people with peanut allergies.Ā 

Screenshot_20210909_140845.jpg