Facebook updates that blow your mind v2

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Here's something interesting that appears to be happening on Facebook recently. Their hate speech algorithm is going crazy, and issuing random takedowns etc. A friend of mine had a fact check warning placed on a picture they posted with some text explaining that the picture isn't real. The warning was that the picture wasn't real and they were spreading disinformation. A few friends have recently had bans for stuff they posted years ago, but possibly the strangest one is that if you comment on a post by typing "g r e e n" you get a warning for hate speech. 

Screenshot_20211102_212936_com.facebook.katana_edit_4948804260218307.jpg

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Here's something interesting that appears to be happening on Facebook recently. Their hate speech algorithm is going crazy, and issuing random takedowns etc. A friend of mine had a fact check warning placed on a picture they posted with some text explaining that the picture isn't real. The warning was that the picture wasn't real and they were spreading disinformation. A few friends have recently had bans for stuff they posted years ago, but possibly the strangest one is that if you comment on a post by typing "g r e e n" you get a warning for hate speech. 

I got one for saying I went to see the French Dispatch at my local Cineworld. Utterly bizarre. But their FB Community Standards are the worst I’ve encountered on a website in general.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Yeah, I got pulled up a few weeks ago as I tagged my wife in a memebase thing and said 'there's some crackers in here', which Facebook thought was hate speech. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

yet all the actual offensive shit I report always gets a "this doesn't go against our community standards" response. Mental.

Same. I’ve given up.

The amount of homophobic, racist, etc posts I’ve reported and Facebook’s come back with, “We took a look, but this doesn’t go against our community standards” is nuts. I embarrassingly earned myself a 1-week ban I think it was a few months back for calling someone something benign like “idiot”. No review. No warning. “You were naughty so we’ve restricted your account.” I just don’t understand the site at all.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members
On 11/2/2021 at 9:39 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

And it happened again

C593EBE8-C172-4EE2-9BED-B6366BAAD659.jpeg

• Paid Members

stuff like that getting blocked by algorithm, when the comment I reported yesterday on a post about (Jewish) Matt Lucas getting German citizenship saying "he'll find out they've got very good ovens in Germany" apparently wasn't against their "community standards".

As much as I've read articles about people employed to monitor this stuff, I can only assume it's a particularly idiotic algorithm that literally only goes off if it recognises the specific Bad Words, because there's no way any human being could have seen that comment in the context in which it was posted and said, "yeah, seems above board".