Facebook updates that blow your mind v2

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

My friend and I used to swap the arms on our He-Man figures till the next time we were at each other's houses, so I can believe the kids did that with their Switches, even permanently.

Whether it was simply for the novelty or indeed the racial aspect occurred to them, we'll never know, but the lad most certainly didn't use the words "represent the world of equality that we want to live in," and it's his mum's flowery paraphrasing that makes it sound so chinny-reckon.

You know they don’t make a white or brown Switch right?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Judging by all the joycon drift reports, they don't make any Switch right.

Incidentally I have that Pokemon edition (a gift, I hasten to add), but yes, one of them is definitely yellow. I don't personally catalogue the alternatives though.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That's what I was thinking - there's a Pikachu-themed set of JoyCons were one is yellow and one light brown, but for Tariq to have two brown ones, I'm 99% sure they would either both be Left or both be Right, which obviously wouldn't work. That small detail has completely prevented me from believing an otherwise entirely relatable story about multicultural parenting, damn it.

• Paid Members

The daily memories that Facebook throws up has made me increasingly aware lately that I seem to have the same thoughts at the same time of year. I'll remember something obscure, or have a sudden urge to go somewhere or do something, and then either the next day or the day after, Facebook reminds me that I was having those same thoughts on that same day eight years ago.
It's like my brain is just on a 365 day loop, with only minor variations.

On the 7th of February this week - as some of you aware - I spoke to another UKFFer about a time someone put in a complaint about me at work, and how I wasn't allowed to know what the complaint was. That conversation was probably the first time I've discussed it, or even thought about it since I left that job in 2010.

And lo and behold my FB Memory for the 8th of February is.....

1312522108_fbrainbowcomplaint.jpg.ac545954905f4e3212ed8489ffffc753.jpg

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce
Autocorrect fail

• Paid Members

I considered adding something to that post about how I'd watched Highlander the night before (Monkee's fault), which I don't think I've seen since the pre-DVD days, just to see if it throws up a long forgotten photo of me pretending to be the Kurgan or something.

However, we were in Long Eaton the other day and did a 415 degree loop of the roundabout so that we could go past the old Hippodrome/Galaxy Cinema as my son's interested my interest in old buildings.

"We went there once to watch some terrible film with The Rock in", says Mum.

Today, FB reminds me of this. I am actually stuck in the matrix, aren't I?

IMG_20220211_092017.thumb.jpg.77786321a454a3b3ebaa554f861768bd.jpg

5 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I considered adding something to that post about how I'd watched Highlander the night before (Monkee's fault), which I don't think I've seen since the pre-DVD days, just to see if it throws up a long forgotten photo of me pretending to be the Kurgan or something.

However, we were in Long Eaton the other day and did a 415 degree loop of the roundabout so that we could go past the old Hippodrome/Galaxy Cinema as my son's interested my interest in old buildings.

"We went there once to watch some terrible film with The Rock in", says Mum.

Today, FB reminds me of this. I am actually stuck in the matrix, aren't I?

IMG_20220211_092017.thumb.jpg.77786321a454a3b3ebaa554f861768bd.jpg

Turn off your location settings, sound recording privileges and cover your camera. I’ll be in touch. I’ll be the one holding a fork.

Edited by Mr_Danger