Facebook updates that blow your mind v2

Otto Dem Wanz

On 9/7/2021 at 8:00 PM, Mr_Danger said:

In other news I’ve been keeping up with developments of some poor lad who’s gone missing for a couple of weeks and his car was left in our local area despite him not having any ties here. His family have set up a Facebook page so locals can post information. Obviously this means people constantly posting things like “I’ve got no information but have you checked cctv” or “Does he have his phone on him!”. Each contributor as desperate as the last to be involved in someone else’s tragedy. 

This story has come to a terrible conclusion with the young lads body being found literally less than 100m away from where his car was left.  So the ‘idiots’ stating the bleeding obvious weren’t quite as bad as the biggest idiots of all who were the police who informed people that the area had been searched and it took nearly three weeks for the poor family to search there. Obviously locals acted with dignity and respect by gathering across the road drinking tea and filming it on their phones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 9:18 AM, BomberPat said:

I don't think I have ever had any other response to reporting a post/comment on Facebook, whether for spam or for hate speech. At least on Twitter I have seen accounts I've reported closed, and Tweets deleted, I have never had a Facebook report come back with anything but, "you did the right thing to report this, but we're not doing owt about it". 

On the flipside, I have three or four friends who seem to get suspended all the time, and invariably for posting LGBT content

I got 2 posts taken down this morning that I'd reported for bullying and false information regarding Covid. I'm still in shock! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

What do the people coming up with this bollocks get out of it?

No idea but I guarantee I'll get a message off my mum at some point in the near future asking if I've heard of Evil Santa and that I should check the kids Youtube accounts and that a kid stabbed himself because of it or some shite.

What happens now is all the super worried parents across the world warn their kids about Evil Santa telling them to shiv their sleeping parents and at least one kid will then say Evil Santa told them to stab his parents thus proving that Evil Santa is real and the troubled young kind definitely didn’t get the idea from mum or dad. This won’t actually happen but the person who tells you this will definitely know the person it happened to.