Facebook updates that blow your mind v2

Otto Dem Wanz

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Just go to the shop before hand to buy sweets and take them into the cinema like a normal person. 

And which shop sells Tango Ice blasts and foot cheese nacho sauce may I ask?

They don’t even have it as a rule you can’t take your own food in most cinemas. My local Indy does but he sells slushy’s and cans of pop for a pound and it’s £4 to get in.

36 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

And which shop sells Tango Ice blasts and foot cheese nacho sauce may I ask?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1bqbv6cOITJdcBjR0QZrgpdPGUGjptnAI&hl=en&ll=53.21171416182617%2C-1.8520484303765619&z=5

Or you buy 4 cans and a large sausage roll. 

It’s not the price that gets me, it’s the fact that some people seemingly can’t go 2 hours or so without eating. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Just go to the shop before hand to buy sweets and take them into the cinema like a normal person. 

Go to the shop beforehand, offer kid anything including big bag of Randoms for £1, kid turns it down, go to cinema, kid asks for Randoms for £3.85.

Kill kid.

Edited by tiger_rick

30 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

It’s not the price that gets me, it’s the fact that some people seemingly can’t go 2 hours or so without eating. 

One for the annoyance thread but you’re right, and they only have popcorn when at the cinema. It’s up there with people who only use chopsticks when easing East Asian food. Wankers. 

• Paid Members

18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One for the annoyance thread but you’re right, and they only have popcorn when at the cinema. It’s up there with people who only use chopsticks when easing East Asian food. Wankers. 

Genuinely finding this a bit baffling. Are you suggesting more people should use chopsticks when they're eating fish and chips or something?

With regards to the popcorn thing, it's like people having candy floss at a funfair. I'm entirely fine with the idea that it's all part of the experience. Also, snacking isn't just about eating something specific - it's also about having a little bit of physical distraction while you're paying attention to something, which some people find useful.

As long as the snacks aren't too loud and they're not using their FUCKING PHONES as torches when they walk in, what's the annoyance with people having popcorn at a cinema?

32 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Genuinely finding this a bit baffling. Are you suggesting more people should use chopsticks when they're eating fish and chips or something?

Why don’t they use chopsticks for other meals, why only for Chinese or Japanese food? A Chinese woman I worked with used them for crisps. It was incredible. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why don’t they use chopsticks for other meals, why only for Chinese or Japanese food? A Chinese woman I worked with used them for crisps. It was incredible. 

I mean, I'm vegetarian so I'm not going to claim expertise here, but I imagine it's more difficult to cut a steak with chopsticks.

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I mean, I'm vegetarian so I'm not going to claim expertise here, but I imagine it's more difficult to cut a steak with chopsticks.

Why not use chopsticks when they go for a ruby? The food is the same consistency as Chinese. Inconsistent appropriating wankers. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why not use chopsticks when they go for a ruby? The food is the same consistency as Chinese. Inconsistent appropriating wankers. 

To be fair, we don't eat curry in the right way anyway. A colleague of mine who visited from India came out with us to a restaurant and was mildly disgusted by forks - "I just keep thinking about how many people have had this in their mouth already". When I visited over there, seeing how naturally and cleanly people ate with their hands was really cool. I felt like Bart and Homer eating spaghetti when I tried it.

• Paid Members

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

it’s the fact that some people seemingly can’t go 2 hours or so without eating. 

I find I like to snack while I'm enjoying watching something and snacking helps keep my attention focused somehow.

I've not been to the cinema more than 5 times in 15 years, but I'll always have popcorn not because I'm hungry but because it's something I can blindly graze at quietly as I get drawn in, which in turn stops my mind drifting due to my short attention span.

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

To be fair, we don't eat curry in the right way anyway. A colleague of mine who visited from India came out with us to a restaurant and was mildly disgusted by forks - "I just keep thinking about how many people have had this in their mouth already". When I visited over there, seeing how naturally and cleanly people ate with their hands was really cool. I felt like Bart and Homer eating spaghetti when I tried it.

That’s what I mean!  These arseholes use chopsticks for a Chinese because they think they’re all authentic at respecting culture and all that bollocks, but they’ll go back to a knife and fork for everything else bar soup. Sub human scum.