The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

On 6/15/2021 at 7:23 AM, Daaaaaad! said:

I know no one actually watches NXT UK, but does it actually benefit them to promote someone from there to the main roster and have even the commentary team not know who it’s supposed to be? Especially when it’s also a Mae Young Classic participant.

As others have said, is it any different to Retribution, Commander Azeez etc.?   Or going back further, the commentators didn't say "hey that's Nick Dinsmore from OVW" when Eugene debuted.

She's not Piper Niven on Raw, she's a new character (YouTube, Facebook comments  when they officially announce her new name is going to be fun to read).

2 minutes ago, The Dart said:

As others have said, is it any different to Retribution, Commander Azeez etc.?   Or going back further, the commentators didn't say "hey that's Nick Dinsmore from OVW" when Eugene debuted.

She's not Piper Niven on Raw, she's a new character (YouTube, Facebook comments  when they officially announce her new name is going to be fun to read).

I'd rather call her Piper Niven and tell the story that Eva reached out to Piper after watching NXT UK and is using her to point out that she is a role model when in reality she can't stand her. But if they rename her, it's not exactly the world's biggest issue. 

My problem is that its obvious that she is going to be the butt of jokes because she doesn't conform to what the people in WWE think women should look like. 

22 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

I'd rather call her Piper Niven and tell the story that Eva reached out to Piper after watching NXT UK and is using her to point out that she is a role model when in reality she can't stand her. But if they rename her, it's not exactly the world's biggest issue. 

My problem is that its obvious that she is going to be the butt of jokes because she doesn't conform to what the people in WWE think women should look like. 

As if anyone would believe Eva would watch NXT UK.

The partnership could work in getting Piper over as a face inevitable turning on the selfish bully Eva. I'm sure crowds would get behind her.

• Paid Members

As if Hell in a Cell hadn't been neutered enough, we have now had one on Smackdown, a Hell in a Cell PPV and now one on Raw in the space of 4 days.

Apparently they are saving all the 'good' storylines for the return of fans, but at the rate they are throwing shit at the wall, there won't be many fans to see these so called 'good' storylines. 

I don't think anyone doubts the wrestlers themselves, the matches are always decent to good, but the decisions made around them just deem the matches completely pointless.

I mean, fucking hell, I think people forget that Bruce Pritchard is the overall on Raw, and it shows with the upturn in quality over on Smackdown since he moved over to Raw. Crazy old septuagenarian and a creatively lacking bloke from the early 90's does not a good product make. 

I honestly don't think wrestling is for me anymore, I can't even be arsed to watch Dynamite or NXT so like fuck I want to watch 3 hours of this shite. I only skim watch Raw when the little lad gets up at the crack of dawn so I chuck it on my phone while he watches some shite on TV, and I tend to end up watching whatevers on the TV more.

Edited by Nick James

55 minutes ago, Nick James said:

As if Hell in a Cell hadn't been neutered enough, we have now had one on Smackdown, a Hell in a Cell PPV and now one on Raw in the space of 4 days.

They're so lazy, they probably couldn't even be arsed to take the cell down on Monday morning.

• Paid Members

Honestly, it just doesn't matter. The people who still watch will watch anyway and will be happy with it. As unappealing as I find it, at least a HIAC match and MITB qualifiers are better than the usual show for their regular viewers. The people who don't watch will moan, add to their interactions on social media and turn up in some marketing stats somewhere. 

The rest of us will sigh and move on with our lives.