The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

These skits are like the kind of thing they'd do for promotional purposes in years gone by. Only now the KFC or Snickers logo doesn't pop up at the end, it's actually been written into the show. 

44 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The scary thing is that the people who actually write, produce and approve stuff like that genuinely think it's good. Everyone involved in this company lives on a different fucking planet from the rest of us.

Do they think it's good though? Sometimes I don't think they give the slightest shit, especially in the last year or so. As long as they're producing CONTENT in these pandemic times, that's the bottom line.

Alternatively, there's only one person in the company that thinks "it's such good shit!" and everyone's too scared to tell him otherwise.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

• Paid Members

From what I've read, this show was almost completely "written" using their booking bingo board again:

* Odd couple tag team

* Title rivals tagging up

* Champion losing a tag match

* Contract signing

* Number one contender's match ending in a no contest

* Jeff Hardy jobs

* Wyatt/Alex spooky wooky shit

The stuff with MVP and Kofi sounds OK. And who doesn't love a battle royal? That'll fill 3 hours.

• Paid Members

I haven’t watched Raw since Wrestlemania, and from the sounds of things it’s somehow getting worse, but this clip I caught of Miz falling down the ramp whilst everything is in slow motion for Morrison’s entrance did make me laugh.

Probably the best thing Miz has done in a decade.

• Paid Members

So Alexa and the doll are going to win the women's tag belts, right? Either through spooky pseudo horror nonsense means, or by somebody dressing up in a costume that looks like the doll and wrestling the matches (and spooky pseudo horror nonsense). 

30 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

So Alexa and the doll are going to win the women's tag belts, right? Either through spooky pseudo horror nonsense means, or by somebody dressing up in a costume that looks like the doll and wrestling the matches (and spooky pseudo horror nonsense). 

The state of the womens tag division recently, this would not be surprising at all.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

"Division"? At the moment it's like that football league on the Isle Of Scilly with the two teams who just play each other over and over.

They'll get drawn in Tottenham's group in the Europa Conference League. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

"Division"? At the moment it's like that football league on the Isle Of Scilly with the two teams who just play each other over and over.

Or Craggy Island vs Rugged Island in terms of quality.

I know no one actually watches NXT UK, but does it actually benefit them to promote someone from there to the main roster and have even the commentary team not know who it’s supposed to be? Especially when it’s also a Mae Young Classic participant.

1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I know no one actually watches NXT UK, but does it actually benefit them to promote someone from there to the main roster and have even the commentary team not know who it’s supposed to be? Especially when it’s also a Mae Young Classic participant.

I mean they took Dabba Kato from Raw, moved him to Smackdown and turned him into a Nigerian commander and pretended they'd never seen him before. So it's hardly surprising they wouldn't be all over Piper's previous stuff.

First time i have watched since RAW after Mania, i read results and youtube anything that sounds interesting (very little).....reading everything about ratings the last few weeks, did anybody else feel, like, maybe, there was, ALOT of womens wrestling this week? I have no issue but there seemed a lot, like shoved down our throats.

is this an attempt at ratings? (With Mandy and Dana barefoot wrestling) or is it something to counter  NWA All women's PPV?

It just felt strange.

also, awful television, wont be tuning in again for another couple of months.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I mean they took Dabba Kato from Raw, moved him to Smackdown and turned him into a Nigerian commander and pretended they'd never seen him before. So it's hardly surprising they wouldn't be all over Piper's previous stuff.

Similarly, they continued to pretend not to know who any of the Retribution members were even when Mia Yim's mask fell off (as if her hair wasn't enough of a giveaway) and some people actually watch proper NXT.

FWIW, I actually kinda like that they still haven't acknowledged that T-Bar is Dijakovic and Mace had a stint in the announce booth, it's a nice throwback to the days when someone used to turn up in a different promotion as someone completely different, as opposed to "here's that wrestler you've probably seen elsewhere, they're here now!"

One of the usual "ITK's" on Twitter has suggested that the proposed name for Niven on the main roster is "Doudrop", although I suspect the bizarre spelling could be that he/his source don't know how to spell "Dewdrop" properly. Still awful though.