The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

29 minutes ago, Doog said:

25 City tour up to September 6th, then I assume back to the Thunderdome after that? Is the plan to alternate between live shows and the Thunderdome in the future?

Why would they go back to the Thunderdome in the future?

That would make no sense

The only way they go back to the Thunderdome is if things take a real turn for the worse with Covid again in the next few months.

I'm sure they've just announced up to September to get things going and will announce things beyond that over the course of the next few months

Edited by MVP RULZ

• Paid Members

Maybe it's to test the waters. People will probably turn up in droves because they haven't been to a live show in the best part of 18 months. I winder whether they'd revert to a studio style like NXT if numbers started dwindling, so they just worked out of one location, maybe heading on the road for a few weeks in the build up to a big event like Mania, Summerlam, Survivors and the Rumble etc to make it feel like a bigger ticket, but hosting the other TV from a single venue? Could be a good cost cutting measure. 

16 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It's a 25 city tour but they've only announced the first three shows - SmackDown, MITB and RAW.

Other shows yet to be announced.

So they're actually going to have a live audience for MITB? At least the PPV will have some atmosphere and genuine reactions.

• Paid Members

I think I’ve realised what the issue with Raw is. Last night I was watching elevation. During the opening to Raw to the end of the 1st match, I’d seen 4 matches on elevation and a couple of promos and then the match on raw ended on a DQ. Because they have 3 hours to fill the matches go on for too long. 

• Paid Members

About time as well, he made Mike Adamle appear good in the role.

Its classic Vince though, get someone in with no real interest in wrestling or any background to it to make it feel more like a legitimate concept and then throw him out when it's clear he adds absolutely nothing to the entertainment value of it.

• Paid Members

I would have assumed they'd have had him down at the performance centre to call some matches to see if his style worked. 

It probably does in small bursts, but for 3 hours in a row he just seemed to drag all the fun out of what was already a less than thrilling show. I think he commentated baseball didn't he? That kinda slow paced, methodical review probably suits him well but this just didn't work. They need to be looking if they're gonna keep poaching from sports at MMA or boxing or even NASCAR or just something that has a bit of excitement to it.

13 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I would have assumed they'd have had him down at the performance centre to call some matches to see if his style worked. 

See I feel like it would've been noticeable even in short bursts. It never felt right for the product. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Vince hired guys based on name value and experience alone without actually seeing if they were the right fit.

I’m surprised they’ve never tried going back to the rotating announcers on TV like how they do PPVs. Nitro had Zbyszko and Heenan work an hour each, they’d have Tenay do certain parts and I want to say they used to do similar on RAW in the late 90s by having Cole and Kevin Kelly with JR before switching to JR and Lawler, it just used to help break things up a bit. For the better part of two decades now, it’s been the same voices trying to keep the enthusiasm up for hours at a time every week

• Paid Members

No idea what they want in an announcer these days but curious if there's still any interest in Mike Goldberg. He got released by Bellator a little while back. 

Goldie phoning it in, reeling off his tired catchphrases kinda goes hand in hand with the staleneas of Raw. 

They're virtually identical. 

Edited by Silky Kisser