The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Saw Eva Marie trending on Twitter. People seem really pleased that she's back. Mickie, Iconics and Vince all trending earlier too in completely related news.

Alexa Bliss is always trending after Raw too. Though I've absolutely no idea why as she never seems to have done anything. 

15 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

John Morrison makes me want to punch him whenever he talks. Which I think is a good thing.

This is something I've thought for so long about him and I just thought he was really good at being annoying as a character.

Then I saw him on the Miz documentary and he's just exactly like that.

Even I’m sick of the Alexa Bliss segments now, and I’ve been a lot more forgiving than most for the whole Fiend stuff because it’s a little different and a bit mad.

I don’t know who’s writing it or whether Bliss has any involvement in it or not, but everything about that segment just stunk of amateur dramatics, and that’s really saying something by wrestling’s standards. It’s just paint by numbers spooky-shit, I’m surprised they haven’t wheeled out the ‘creepy music box’ trope, and there seems to be no finishing line in sight for the whole thing.
It could be a case of Bliss not being given much to work with, but I don’t recall her ever being as bad as she was here

• Paid Members

Alexa Bliss doing it is somehow worse than The Fiend. Partly because at least with The Fiend it's Bray just tanking his own career, whereas it sucks seeing someone else dragged into his orbit at the expense of her entire history as both a character and a performer, and partly because it's coloured with utter nonce-bait. Even reading that they had her refer to something as a "dirty little secret" made me want to scrub my hands til they bled.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Surely this is everybody’s reaction to Eva Marie being back. Did she ever actually do anything significant on TV? I remember reading she dyed her hair red after being asked not to but that’s about it. 

I’m guessing she’s cheaper than Mickie James. 

Edited by Mr Kennedy

• Awards Moderator
Just now, Mr Kennedy said:

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Surely this is everybody’s reaction to Eva Marie being back. Did she ever actually do anything significant on TV? I remember reading she dyed her hair red after being asked not to and that’s about it. 

I remember her brief run in NXT, she was so emblematic of the idea of "Divas" that the Full Sail crowd hated her, which made for a brilliant atmosphere when she took on fan-favourite Bayley for the Women's Title and the crowd were terrified that They were going to have her win the belt.

6 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Surely this is everybody’s reaction to Eva Marie being back. Did she ever actually do anything significant on TV? I remember reading she dyed her hair red after being asked not to and that’s about it. 

@HarmonicGeneratorgot there just before I did. The Full Sail crowd had convinced themselves that evil WWE were putting the NXT belt on Eva Marie, beating fan favourite Bayley. Bringing in Michael Cole to do commentary and Charles Robinson to referee the match were great touches and helped create the illusion. 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Typical of WWE to debut Mansoor last night when he’s apparently been on a 49 match winning streak since debuting for them at one of the Saudi shows and have him lose by DQ in his first match on Raw. Not saying he was going to be the next Goldberg or anything but does seem pointless to build him up that much on all the B shows then immediately have him lose to further a storyline with Carrillo! 

20 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Typical of WWE to debut Mansoor last night when he’s apparently been on a 49 match winning streak since debuting for them at one of the Saudi shows and have him lose by DQ in his first match on Raw. Not saying he was going to be the next Goldberg or anything but does seem pointless to build him up that much on all the B shows then immediately have him lose to further a storyline with Carrillo! 

I'm pretty sure there was a purpose for the Saudi Arabian wrestler Mansoor getting wins at the money-spinning Saudi Arabian shows other than a sincere attempt to "build him up".

As for Eva Marie, I've never understood WWE's obsession with her. She's not great on the mic and she's not (unless she's taken time to work on this during her down time) particularly good in ring. If it's just about what WWE perceives to be a marketable look, that's a little bizarre. It's not like WWE has a shortage of marketable women on its roster.