The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

They simply need to cut back to two hours and feature actual wrestling w heels, faces and a fight. This isn't that difficult. 

Have you watched the show in the past three to five years? One of the biggest problems is that all they do is feature, “actual wrestling with heels, faces and a fight.” More often than not that actual wrestling with heels, faces and a fight will span multiple segments and go through numerous ad breaks. It’s boring as fuck. Honestly, my number one recommendation would be to feature less actual wrestling with heels, faces and a fight.

I’m reminded of when I was at an independent show just after Nakamura had signed to WWE. Lads in front of us were saying WWE would screw Nakamura up because they wouldn’t just let him wrestle, which is all he needed to be a big star. Funny then. Even funnier in retrospect. All the wrestling he’s been doing you’d think he’d be the next Stone Cold by now. 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I think I remember reading somewhere that they get a really good payout for that third hour of Raw which is why they have it.

Regardless of how well they're doing business-wise, WWE are 25 years deep in the "RAW is a free PPV every week" mentality, except now it's a free "PPV" every Friday too, plus an extra long proper one every 3-4 weeks on top of that. No wonder everything's played out. They're so busy giving people what they think they want, they don't bother taking the time to make them want it.

1 hour ago, FUM said:

I've always wondered if they done it live, could they not get away with just firing Raw Talk in the final hour?

What's to stop them? USA surely can't have a "minimum matches/angles" clause.

Whilst it will solve the problem of having to structure/write Raw to be a 3 hour show

Turning the 3rd hour into Raw Talk would surely tank the ratings even lower for that hour

Im sure some Diehards would stay but the Majority will just turn over to something else.

Cant see USA being happy with such a huge drop off even if contractly WWE could do it

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Have you watched the show in the past three to five years? One of the biggest problems is that all they do is feature, “actual wrestling with heels, faces and a fight.” More often than not that actual wrestling with heels, faces and a fight will span multiple segments and go through numerous ad breaks. It’s boring as fuck. Honestly, my number one recommendation would be to feature less actual wrestling with heels, faces and a fight.

I’m reminded of when I was at an independent show just after Nakamura had signed to WWE. Lads in front of us were saying WWE would screw Nakamura up because they wouldn’t just let him wrestle, which is all he needed to be a big star. Funny then. Even funnier in retrospect. All the wrestling he’s been doing you’d think he’d be the next Stone Cold by now. 

Based on Wyatt et al I'm surprised you can say that. I gave up a while ago when nothing meant anything. It was all repetitive bullshit, gimmicks w nonsense stips and everyone doesn't care if they win or lose. Its bullshit. 

18 minutes ago, Winston said:

Contract wise, how long are WWE tied into having 3 hours for Raw?

It's literally the first thing I'd change with a view to turning things around.

When you've literally never been this profitable and (whether we like it or not) the most popular wrestling promotion in the world, what is there to "turn around" per se? What measurement are we using?

I mean I understand many people here don't like the creative direction, but they are a business primarily. What will give them reason to change?

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

14 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

Ideal situation then is to get out of wrestling fandom and just get bang into reading the annual stock reports, loads of fun!

You jest, but however often here has this community chatted at length about things talked about in quarterly calls, political decisions WWE makes, subscriber numbers, the consequences of the Peacock deal etc etc.

Face it, for fans like us, "reading the annual stock report" is part and parcel for fans like us here on the UKFF.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

Regardless of how well they're doing business-wise, WWE are 25 years deep in the "RAW is a free PPV every week" mentality, except now it's a free "PPV" every Friday too, plus an extra long proper one every 3-4 weeks on top of that.

Ridiculously, at 3 hours plus occasional overrun, Raw is often longer than the PPV outside of the big 4. Think about that.

8 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

When you've literally never been this profitable and (whether we like it or not) the most popular wrestling promotion in the world, what is there to "turn around" per se? What measurement are we using?

I mean I understand many people here don't like the creative direction, but they are a business primarily. What will give them reason to change?

Can we use the ratings as measurement? Aren't they the worst ever.