The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Gutted Tom Phillips is getting demoted to 205 Live. I know he wasn't on Mania for COVID-related reasons, but the news of him getting replaced on the Raw announce team was already floating around. I think Tom is excellent. Yeah, at times he's sounded like a younger Cole on Raw, but his personality really shone through on NXT and to a lesser extent, Smackdown. He's a wise-cracking smart-ass and the banter he used to have with Graves was great.

It's a pity that WWE strip every announcer of their personality these days. Unless you're an already established name like Booker T. Graves is like this weird mix where they've taken away his wit, but left his snark, which just makes him insufferable.

• Paid Members

From Rajah

Lashley moves and immediately locks Riddle in a seated Full Nelson once the youngster crashes into the canvas.

Matt Riddle is 35. Good news for many youngsters reading this.

I’ve only read the observer report and that reads like the most underwhelming post-Mania Raw in a long time. I realise it was always going to be different without punters in but when Viking Raiders and Charlotte are the biggest ‘surprise returns’ that tells you a lot.

I can feel my last shred of interest in the modern day product ebbing away.

• Paid Members

In fairness, you only have to go back a year to that Drew v Big Show match filmed after Empty-Mania and this was definitely better than that.

Not sure Retribution joining The Hurt Business is going to live long in the memory, like.

Utterly bizarre that WWE spent the 24 hours previous hyping the surprises that the Raw after Mania brings, only to reveal that the cupboard is - as expected - completely bare.

Just shit wasn’t it?

Alexa Bliss and Bray Wyatt look like they’ll spend months competing to have the worst promo on the show.

Are The New Day.. heels now?

Did Lashley have somewhere to be after the opening match finished?

Not a single thing going on on Raw currently that I’m interested in. If they’ve ditched Shelton and Cedric from THB just to parachute in Retribution because they like them, that’s shit. They couldn’t look like a worst fit for MVP and Lashley.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

With all the weird links between viking mythology and modern day neo-Nazis, the Viking Raiders gimmick has always bothered me a bit.

Also, they're shite. That bothers me too.

Yeah, I’ve not actually seen them before but that one fella looks like he might as well have SS tattooed on him. I’m sure he’s not a racist, but he’s waving some pretty lively red flags.

I lied about not being interested in anything on the show, by the way. I’d very much be interested in Miz and Maryse pissing themselves laughing through trouser-related slapstick humour every week.

This show is called Raw yet there is absolutely nothing raw about it. Even the show logo is a perfectly rendered modern style. The colour scheme is right ugly and you're honestly put off the show within about 3 minutes of tuning in every single week.

Lashley ditching Cedric and Shelton for T-Bar and Mace, who the former were beating every week, makes no sense. They were just ditched by Mustafa Ali with him basically building the reason up as them being shit.

Not interested in The Fiend ever returning so with a bit of luck Bray sacks off that idea he was chanting about. He's finished. Replica stories every feud that end in him getting beat. Seth Rollins couldn't put him away if he'd brought a gun out and shot him in the head at one time, now he goes down to one RKO.

The new commentator won't be lasting either. Sounds like he's commentating on a horse race.

I honestly don't know why I bother anymore yet I still will.

Not sure how I feel about the new commentator. On the one hand it was nice to have someone who didn't sound robotic or shouting everything or whatever we're usually used to.

On the other hand it was pretty jarring.

I'd say I'm interested in seeing how he develops but that'd mean I have to watch Raw every week.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, FUM said:

The colour scheme is right ugly and you're honestly put off the show within about 3 minutes of tuning in every single week.

I honestly don't know why I bother anymore yet I still will.

No offence to you, but these kind of  Tuesday morning anger posts are the gift that keeps on giving. 

Why would they change anything when people continue to eat the shit sandwich every week? You know what you're getting 95% of the time and whenever they throw you the carrot you're looking for you know it's only gonna be short lived. 

Bart Simpson cupcake gif. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

29 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

No offence to you, but these kind of  Tuesday morning anger posts are the gift that keeps on giving. 

Why would they change anything when people continue to eat the shit sandwich every week? You know what you're getting 95% of the time and whenever they throw you the carrot you're looking for you know it's only gonna be short lived. 

Yep, the joke is absolutely on me. I don't watch every week anymore but as a wrestling fan I check into Raw every few weeks. What I more meant was I don't know why I even bother checking it out every few weeks, I'm already grateful that I don't watch every week.

1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

Well, people don’t continue to eat the shit sandwich every week. They’ve lost millions of viewers over the last few years. If losing half your audience won’t get them to change, I’m not sure what will (other than maybe losing 90%).

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Well, people don’t continue to eat the shit sandwich every week. They’ve lost millions of viewers over the last few years. If losing half your audience won’t get them to change, I’m not sure what will (other than maybe losing 90%).

They may have lost millions of viewers but they're making more money than they ever did. Whether that is sustainable long term is another matter, but they don't seem to care about the standard of TV product they put out because it has no real effect on their bottom line. Which is all that matters at the end of the day. 

There are plenty of people on here who hate watch through Raw then can't wait to come into this thread to moan about it. Baffling. 

Edited by Silky Kisser