The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Out of interest, when Bad Bunny does all the interviews on those talk shows (e.g. in the build up to Mania), are they only on the same network as WWE? (USA/Fox?). Maybe he brings ratings to all these other shows on the same network that shows Raw/Smackdown. So if that keeps the networks happy, then helps WWE negotiate future deals?

Also presumably WWE probably have lots of merch for him that probably sells like hotcakes (quick look on WWE Shop and he's the first person I see on the home page). 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

There was an interesting and quite relevant discussion on The Athletic podcast about the Women's Super League deal last week. For those who don't know, they've just signed their first domestic TV deal which is split between SKY and BBC which will give them the best of both worlds with SKY's experience and $$$ and BBC's mass audience. There was a very good discussion though with the guests from the FA and the WSL about the variety in the way they deliver though because they're well aware that older fans watch the games on TV while younger fans absorb almost everything on their phone so as well as covering all social media bases and providing bite size chunks and highlights, they're thinking of ways to make non-televised games attractive to watch on the FA Player. The US women's league have been streaming games on Twitch which brings it's own level of social interaction. They're looking at ways to do that or to be able to view with your mates online. All very interesting stuff.

I wouldn't say TV is a dying medium because it's still the driver for all this content in the first place but I do wonder when, not if, the day will come when we don't have a box or a dish, just a bunch of streaming subscriptions and a Chromecast. Poor @garynysmon!

15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

There was an interesting and quite relevant discussion on The Athletic podcast about the Women's Super League deal last week. For those who don't know, they've just signed their first domestic TV deal which is split between SKY and BBC which will give them the best of both worlds with SKY's experience and $$$ and BBC's mass audience. There was a very good discussion though with the guests from the FA and the WSL about the variety in the way they deliver though because they're well aware that older fans watch the games on TV while younger fans absorb almost everything on their phone so as well as covering all social media bases and providing bite size chunks and highlights, they're thinking of ways to make non-televised games attractive to watch on the FA Player. The US women's league have been streaming games on Twitch which brings it's own level of social interaction. They're looking at ways to do that or to be able to view with your mates online. All very interesting stuff.

I wouldn't say TV is a dying medium because it's still the driver for all this content in the first place but I do wonder when, not if, the day will come when we don't have a box or a dish, just a bunch of streaming subscriptions and a Chromecast. Poor @garynysmon!

Without derailing this thread and getting into trouble for bringing football chat into the Raw thread, this was covered really well on the recent BT Sports film 'ours' about ways non premier league clubs can attract fans, relate to fans & find other ways of sustaining their finances. I think there was one non league club based around social media, streamed games online. Worth checking out. 

43 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

The crossover for Bad Bunny is illustrated well in the YouTube views. Almost 100m views of his Booker T video. The WWE video of him performing the same  song has 5m and the vast majority of those will be from India as usual.

At a quick glance 5m looks like a decent showing for a current WWE YouTube video from what I can tell?

2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

At a quick glance 5m looks like a decent showing for a current WWE YouTube video from what I can tell?

That’s the point isn’t it? Bad Bunny’s post of the same video attracted 20x as many views? 

Edited by thicko

Firstly, it’s is better than most videos yeah. It shows he is considerably more popular than wwe and he added some YouTube views for sure.

But it also shows that a) when people have typed in bad bunny Booker t, they watch his video and not the wwe performance. And it’s not a small difference. It’s about 95m views. B) the fact he has added a good chunk of views on YouTube (which generates basically nothing for them in the grand scheme of things if you check their financials) and ratings are still in the shitter shows he has brought no new viewers to the product and all those extra people that watched his video on the wwe channel had no inclination to watch him on the show and be converted to new fans. I’m pretty sure that’s because the majority of wwes YouTube views are from India so it doesn’t correlate anyway as they can’t watch the show. But, either way, he’s not making a difference like celebs in the past might have  

56 minutes ago, thicko said:

That’s the point isn’t it? Bad Bunny’s post of the same video attracted 20x as many views? 

I just wondered what a general good viewing was for them these days. When you load their lists by most viewed they're pretty much all from years ago and have crazy numbers in comparison to anything I've seen recently.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:08 AM, Supremo said:

The way I read it was the heels trying to circumvent the, “Hurt Business banned from ringside,” stipulation by essentially dissolving the Hurt Business. If Shelton and Cendric aren’t members of the Hurt Business they can now use a loophole to help Bobby win!

Of course, I’m well aware there’s about three per cent chance of them actually trying to be clever like that. In reality, Hurt Business have just gone the same way as every other team and faction in this company, forever bickering, in-fighting and splitting up.

I swear, the atmosphere and environment amongst those writing and making decisions on this show must be absolutely toxic. It’s like no-one has ever had friends or actually gotten along with co-workers. Everyone has to always be fighting each other. If they have a whiteboard in the writer’s room with ideas on it I’m convinced the entire board is filled with the single word, “ANIMOSITY,” in the largest letters possible.

And speaking of largest things possible, this use of a super short fella to make Rhea Ripley look tall is almost too good. She looks like a tree!

BB54E32F-19E8-4DC8-90B9-FA11F256E1CD.thumb.jpeg.ada493645a2692039b0d9b169821fcdb.jpeg

Rhea Ripley could be the only one to credibly declare herself non-binairy and become a legit WWE World Champion. I mean well.

I’ve thought for some time that the WWE’s problem is that nothing has any foundational logic. Things just happen, realities just form, and they spend weeks building off of that new reality without taking time to explain why it happened in the first place. There’s a million of examples of things that just happen that made no sense, but then people just pretend like it did make sense.

It renders everything pointless and means nothing really matters if anything you want is just a retcon away.

That said, to a passive viewer, it’s hard to give a solid example of how nothing matters. You need to watch over a period of weeks and months to see that nothing fucking matters and things just happen.

Until now.

Riddle’s entrance.

Riddle’s entrance is all that is wrong with WWE in one handy 30” piece of content.

There are birds now. Why are there birds now? ...Because there are birds now and everyone will respond like there’s always been birds. Fucking hell.

WWE programming is like one huge experiment to gaslight an ever diminishing number of people into thinking some of the craziest shit in the world isn’t crazy.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

On 4/1/2021 at 12:20 PM, tiger_rick said:

Big Dave knows.

I have a wacky theory behind this, seeing as this week's Raw suggests to me that this isn't, in fact, a clever angle (surprise surprise).

First of all, according to the DIRT SHEETZ~! both MVP and Lashley have been at Vince about this Hurt Business break-up as, clearly, they also know it's a terrible idea. Vince however has decided to push on with it regardless. My theory is:

• Hurt Business was a great heel stable and made Lashley a semi-credible WWE Championship challenger
  • Vince knows this and wants Drew to get all the cheers at 'Mania
  • Vince fears that Lasher will get cheered because he's part of a good stable, so split them up to make Lashley less enjoyable as an act

This, of course, will get Lashley booed and, by proxy, make Drew the big babyface.

Does it make sense? Nah. But all the shite on last night's Raw didn't make a lick of sense either, so my guess is as good as anyone's at this stage I reckon. 

30 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I have a wacky theory behind this, seeing as this week's Raw suggests to me that this isn't, in fact, a clever angle (surprise surprise).

First of all, according to the DIRT SHEETZ~! both MVP and Lashley have been at Vince about this Hurt Business break-up as, clearly, they also know it's a terrible idea. Vince however has decided to push on with it regardless. My theory is:

• Hurt Business was a great heel stable and made Lashley a semi-credible WWE Championship challenger
  • Vince knows this and wants Drew to get all the cheers at 'Mania
  • Vince fears that Lasher will get cheered because he's part of a good stable, so split them up to make Lashley less enjoyable as an act

This, of course, will get Lashley booed and, by proxy, make Drew the big babyface.

Does it make sense? Nah. But all the shite on last night's Raw didn't make a lick of sense either, so my guess is as good as anyone's at this stage I reckon. 

This is also why I think they've but Daniel Bryan into the other main event. Stops Reigns getting cheered as much as he might of done and also gets fan reactions with the Yes Movement. 

You could be also be cynical and say he's there to take the pin too, but don't think he's in there because Vince wants or see's him in the title picture.