The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Doog said:

The fuck is Jeff Hardy doing pissing around on Main Event when RAW is in the state that it is?!

How good people are no longer matters that much. I refer again to the state of Mysterios career for the last 12 months and the fact Mickie James is no longer working there but apparently Eva Marie soon will be.

11 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

Typical of WWE to debut Mansoor last night when he’s apparently been on a 49 match winning streak since debuting for them at one of the Saudi shows and have him lose by DQ in his first match on Raw. Not saying he was going to be the next Goldberg or anything but does seem pointless to build him up that much on all the B shows then immediately have him lose to further a storyline with Carrillo! 

Bruce Prichard: Remember that guy from Saudi Arabia we have that won the Battle Royal at Crown Jewel or whatever it was called. Well, he's won 49 in a row

Vince: Goddammit, I'm not letting those Saudi's tell me what to do. He's losing on RAW. Also, make sure it's via DQ because that's you get heat pal. 

• Paid Members

Just avoid this show in its entirety. I don't even have the energy to skim watch it any more, once again, another terrible show. It's a shame they have some good talent on this brand that is just being absolutely wasted.

I don't even think the age old 3 hour show is the reason any more, this would be a terrible 2 hour show as well.

Has anyones stock fallen as much as Drew's in the last 6 months? I have zero interest at all in him these days, he's a caricature at this point with his cheesy promos and huffing and puffing.

Eva Marie coming back has put a sour taste in my mouth. WWE and more importantly Vince McMahon have an obsession with having to put mainstream public figures on their televised events in order to garner the same mainstream acceptance as other entertainment brands. She's a fitness model who brings to the table mainstream outside interest. This outside interest of the people who follow her may only watch the part of the Raw broadcast she is on but if it moves the needle on ratings and YouTube video views it does the mission of what WWE wants. Mainstream people and mainstream viewership. They don't give a jot about hard working talents in the likes of Mickie James or us hardcore fans. It's all about chasing that mainstream demographic for WWE these days.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Hoptimus said:

It's all about chasing that mainstream demographic for WWE these days.

Because sticking Mr T and Cindi Lauper on Wrestlemania 1 was to cater to the "hardcores"? Or Lawrence Taylor at WM11?  Or Tyson at WM14? They've never shied away from the fact they crave mainstream approval and attention above all else. There are many, many sticks you can use to beat WWE (and many of those are for very legitimate reasons) with, but trying to assert that they've suddenly abandoned their fanbase in favour of mainstream attention is hardly one of them. 

EDIT: see Rick and Bacon's posts above. 

Edited by mim731

What is their obsession with having talent on Raw wrestling multiple times on the same show? It’s happened 3 times in the last 4-5 weeks with Drew (who wrestled twice on 2 occasions), Braun (who wrestled 3 times 2 weeks ago) and last night with Rhea and Asuka who faced each other in both a singles match and a 6 woman tag