The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

And that includes the laughably overrated Smackdown.

Nice to see someone sensible enough to point this out. Roman Reigns and their use of him has been very good, though I'll still always laugh at the stupidity of running this angle without a crowd, but otherwise it's just another soulless TV show that has all the same flaws in their booking, the endless rematches, the millions of miles on the clock of the key performers, the lack of progression for new acts. I can completely accept that the show being 90 mins without ads, half an hour of which is the Roman Reigns show, makes this a mile better than Raw but let's not pretend that's a compliment. There is nothing on this show week in, week out that would tempt me to watch it. Fair play to anyone who can enjoy it. Seriously, good for you.

51 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Nice to see someone sensible enough to point this out. Roman Reigns and their use of him has been very good, though I'll still always laugh at the stupidity of running this angle without a crowd, but otherwise it's just another soulless TV show that has all the same flaws in their booking, the endless rematches, the millions of miles on the clock of the key performers, the lack of progression for new acts. I can completely accept that the show being 90 mins without ads, half an hour of which is the Roman Reigns show, makes this a mile better than Raw but let's not pretend that's a compliment. There is nothing on this show week in, week out that would tempt me to watch it. Fair play to anyone who can enjoy it. Seriously, good for you.

Yeah agreed. If I know WWE he will be back as a baby face 3 months after fans return and we'll be back to square one.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Agree 100%. I've been baffled after hearing how good Smackdown is from a few people on here and then seeing that it's pretty much just the same old shite that I gave up watching ages ago. Outside of some of Roman Reigns stuff has there been a single exciting angle, storyline, promo or match that has created any kind of real or sustained buzz, excitement or anticipation? They seem so starved of main event talent these days that even Cesaro is getting a go. The idea that a wrestling show that has Seth Rollins on it every week is the best wrestling show on telly is ludicrous to me.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I do enjoy it. Genuinely. I get the criticisms about WWE in general but for me, there have been a good number of highlights on SmackDown over the past year and even now:

1. Roman Reigns, obviously.

2. Jey Uso by proxy, but he's also had some really entertaining matches and I think they've done a great job making him a multi-layered character where he wasn't before.

3. Bianca Belair becoming champ - right call and nice to see her not wasted.

4. Men's tag division - Mysterios, Street Profits, Usos.. there's some really solid efforts in that division on a regular basis.

5. Bayley - still as entertaining now, especially ripping apart Michael Cole constantly.

6. IC title - definitely being presented as a big deal these days and the talent swarming around it (KO, Zayn etc) are all capable of really good matches.

7. Rick Boogs - sorry but I unashamedly love him.

8. Pat McAfee - would I prefer seeing him on NXT? Probably, but I do think he's done a good job on commentary with Cole.

Is there still a lot of shit? Absolutely. The editing. The terrible women's tag division. The unnecessary rematches. I'm not as anti-Thunderdome as a lot of people but obviously it just doesn't compare to a real crowd, although I'd take it over silence anyday.

And to answer another point mentioned above - Seth Rollins as he is now is far better than the messiah stuff, so I'm not finding him nearly as annoying at the moment. It's so OTT now that it's actually quite entertaining.

Fair enough if others don't enjoy it but I think they've had a good balance for a while now on SmackDown in terms of the good outweighing the bad. RAW can't even get close to that balance. So yeah, more than enough for me to watch on a weekly basis and not feel like I'm wasting my life away.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

4. Men's tag division - Mysterios, Street Profits, Usos.. there's some really solid efforts in that division on a regular basis.

Don't think you can fool us by pretending it hasn't been half built around Dolph Ziggler for months on end.

• Paid Members

It was the lowest number of overall viewers in history for the 3 hours. The 18-49 demo rating of .44 was the same as AEW's April 12th Dynamite. 4 of the last 6 weeks, Raw's demo has been under 0.5. That's a worrying pattern. Only 1 of the first 16 shows of the year was under 0.5.

28 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Wasn’t it Memorial Day on Monday? I don’t see how anyone gets to the third hour week in week out, but it could at least be something of an explanation 

It was, and apparently they've corrected the ratings:

Monday’s live Memorial Day edition of WWE RAW, featuring Drew McIntyre defeating Kofi Kingston in the #1 contender’s main event, drew an average of 1.557 million viewers on the USA Network, according to Nielsen via POST Wrestling.

This is down 3.9% from last week’s 1.621 million viewers, and is the second-lowest viewership in show history.

For this week’s show, the first hour drew 1.536 million viewers (last week’s hour 1 – 1.661 million), the second hour drew 1.549 million viewers (last week’s hour 2 – 1.655 million) and the final hour drew 1.586 million viewers (last week’s hour 3 – 1.546 million).

This week’s RAW drew a 0.4 rating in the key 18-49 demographic. This is down 11.11% from last week’s 0.45 rating in the key demo. The new data from POST Wrestling lists a 0.4 rating for the 18-49 key demo, but it was noted that it’s not clear if this is rounded down from the previous reported 0.44 rating.

The original number for this week’s RAW was lower due to an error with the third hour, while the first two hours were correct. We apologize for the error. These new numbers from POST Wrestling are based on internal numbers at WWE, via Nielsen.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/06/wwe-raw-corrected-viewership-for-this-week-third-hour-draws-more-than-first-two-hours/

Still shit obviously.

• Paid Members

The scary thing is that the people who actually write, produce and approve stuff like that genuinely think it's good. Everyone involved in this company lives on a different fucking planet from the rest of us.