The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

If Drew, Riddle and AJ Styles have a ridiculously fun main event, but nobody watches it because Raw’s been dog shit for months, did they really even have the match?

Also, I’ve done a complete 180 on Nikki Cross. She’s a fucking genius. She pitched the only female character they couldn’t fuck up. Honestly, it’s as if she deconstructed their entire approach to scripting women, studied all of their awful tropes, and then devised the perfect way to rise above it.

Corny, daft, throwback, comedy superhero might not get you a main event push or a title reign but it sure as fuck stops them from scripting you to be the arrogant, bitchy, unlikable tweener that every other female on the roster is. Seriously, that six woman tag with Natalya, Tamina, Charlotte, Mandy and Dana? Who the fuck were we supposed to cheer?! Pricks, every single one of them.

I’ve only skim-read the results this morning, but let me see if I’ve got this right:

Orton was meant to be in the ‘Second Chance’ Triple Threat but was taken out of it for some reason (the report didn’t specify).
They then had a Battle Royale with the winner taking Orton’s place in the Triple Threat. 
Riddle won the Battle Royale, therefore went into a Triple Threat which if he won, he would be entered into a match that he’s already in? 
He didn’t win the Triple Threat and lost nothing in doing so, so why was he in the Battle Royale to begin with? Or was he doing all of this on Orton’s behalf as they’ve been sort of teaming lately?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Riddle was doing it for Orton, I know you mentioned you only read the report, but on TV they made that perfectly clear.

As poor as RAW is and has been, the Riddle/Orton team and dynamic has been really fun over the last couple months and this was another cool layer to that. Orton is just brilliant and I've warmed to Riddle a lot since he started the team with him, I imagine it's leading to them challenging for the tag titles at SummerSlam and I think they'll be a big hit with the live crowd.

Saying that, little bit concerning why Randy wasn't on RAW, usual sites don't seem to know why yet either.

1 minute ago, Doog said:

Riddle was doing it for Orton, I know you mentioned you only read the report, but on TV they made that perfectly clear.

Alright then, just dodgy “journalism” then. I was thinking that even as bad as WWE’s writing can be at times and how little consequences seem to matter, even they can’t get something as basic as that wrong

• Paid Members

Is someone sabotaging Drew McIntyre? I read week after week that they're constantly bringing up how many times he's failed, having him cut daft promos including his nonsense about the Loch Ness monster on this one and he's not beating Jinder Mahal. Is he another face who is going to have to turn heel because they've done such a bad job?

When I've looked at the Raw write-ups for the last few weeks, I keep seeing the name "Doudrop" which seems to be Piper Niven's new name. It confuses me because I assume it's pronounced "dew drop" and someone somewhere can't spell. Is that the case? And if it is, is that the official WWE spelling, like "The Corre" (or, to a lesser extent, Street Profits, which fair enough is intentional but just as shit), or is it just that the person who's writing these weekly reports keeps getting it wrong?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

When I've looked at the Raw write-ups for the last few weeks, I keep seeing the name "Doudrop" which seems to be Piper Niven's new name. It confuses me because I assume it's pronounced "dew drop" and someone somewhere can't spell. Is that the case? And if it is, is that the official WWE spelling, like "The Corre" (or, to a lesser extent, Street Profits, which fair enough is intentional but just as shit), or is it just that the person who's writing these weekly reports keeps getting it wrong?

That is her name. Prior to this, urban dictionary defined Doudrop as “A woman who is romantically attracted to other women”. I honestly don't know if that's where they took it from or if they mean Dewdrop but couldn't TM it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Is someone sabotaging Drew McIntyre? I read week after week that they're constantly bringing up how many times he's failed, having him cut daft promos including his nonsense about the Loch Ness monster on this one and he's not beating Jinder Mahal. Is he another face who is going to have to turn heel because they've done such a bad job?

it's hard to tell with WWE whether their terrible booking of babyfaces is vindictive or not. They might thing this is all great stuff and will get him over. There was a run of PPVs after Roman Reigns beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania where he was just losing constantly, and I'm convinced they did it to try and silence the boos by saying, "look, he doesn't win all the time".

They know that audiences will largely reject babyfaces that they've made appear too dominant and unbeatable and overexposed, so maybe this is them having Drew show a little weakness in the hope that live crowds will rally behind him more.

On the other hand, part of me thinks that they see Drew (and perhaps to a lesser extent Lashley) as the Pandemic Era Main Eventers, and that they'll be shoved aside once all the real stars come back.

19 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

it's hard to tell with WWE whether their terrible booking of babyfaces is vindictive or not. They might thing this is all great stuff and will get him over. There was a run of PPVs after Roman Reigns beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania where he was just losing constantly, and I'm convinced they did it to try and silence the boos by saying, "look, he doesn't win all the time".

They know that audiences will largely reject babyfaces that they've made appear too dominant and unbeatable and overexposed, so maybe this is them having Drew show a little weakness in the hope that live crowds will rally behind him more.

On the other hand, part of me thinks that they see Drew (and perhaps to a lesser extent Lashley) as the Pandemic Era Main Eventers, and that they'll be shoved aside once all the real stars come back.

Who are the real stars though that are coming back on a permanent basis?