The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I'd say lumping the treatment of Lee and Kross together is a little unfair. It's not as simple as "both guys lost how dare they!". Lee looked great and stepped up and showed what he's capable of. A loss like that doesn't damage him if it doesn't happen every week - and I think we're far enough away from his last main roster run that it doesn't matter too much. Obviously if it happens a few more times then they've learnt nothing.

Kross though. Fucking hell. I have no (more) words.

• Paid Members

We’ve already seen Keith Lee’s main roster career thus far. That type of loss has been the cornerstone. You’d be mad to expect anything different in the future.

I wonder if it’ll ever come out where Keith has been? It’s been so hush hush that I assumed it was something serious and he’d never actually return. Nice to know he’s healthy, at least.

'Hey Vince, we have this big intimidating looking guy. He's tall, he's muscular. He's everything you like in a top guy. Plus he has a sexy blonde valet, which you love, and the two of them together are money'

'Great. Bring him up with no build, get rid of her and have him lose clean in his first match'

'.... but Vince...'

'Do it, dammit!'

I mean... there are just no words ...

• Paid Members

Reigns vs Cena is the only WWE feud I've been interested in in forever. 5 minutes into Cena's first promo and it's already been ruined with insider rubbish about Reigns not being over and being 'protected'. When was the last Cena feud that didn't rely on boring insider shoot promos? As good as the Cena/Punk feud was, it seems everything since has been a retread with ever diminishing returns.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Reigns vs Cena is the only WWE feud I've been interested in in forever. 5 minutes into Cena's first promo and it's already been ruined with insider rubbish about Reigns not being over and being 'protected'. When was the last Cena feud that didn't rely on boring insider shoot promos? As good as the Cena/Punk feud was, it seems everything since has been a retread with ever diminishing returns.

I was going to try and catch up on the Pay Per View and Raw because Cena is back, but reading this I don’t think I’ll bother. For fuck’s sake. Roman vs. Cena felt like it could have been huge. There isn’t a match that needed less insider bollocks. It’s killed my enthusiasm dead to read they’ve gone down that tired route again. The audience this stuff resonates with must be microscopic. 

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I was going to try and catch up on the Pay Per View and Raw because of Cena is back, but reading this I don’t think I’ll bother. For fuck’s sake. Roman vs. Cena felt like it could have been huge. There isn’t a match that needed less insider bollocks. It’s killed my enthusiasm dead to read they’ve gone down that tired route again. The audience this stuff resonates with must be microscopic. 

It was a very small part of the promo. Most of the promo was a retread of waht he'd said in that YouTube exclusive after MITB went off the air but he did crank it up a notch and call Reigns an "asshole". It was good stuff and wasn't really shooty. He's on Smacky D this week so that might come.

20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The audience this stuff resonates with must be microscopic. 

Is it, though? Emerging markets aside, I feel like WWE are down to a baseline audience of kids and adults who are all fairly aware of what the online zeitgeist is around the company and its talent. They've been practically guiding people to hang out online for the past decade, and have threaded all manner of insider stuff through their Network content. My godson is 12 and part of his wrestling fandom is the online newz. 

I honestly think this is just a part of promos now, and a logical symptom of post kayfabe. It can be creatively repetitive but it doesn't bother me to a large extent at all. It's just our era's "Grr, I'm gonna beat up you because I'm the best!" 

To be honest, I’d be far more interested in Cena vs Reigns if this was the first time they’d done it. That rush job a few years back where Cena destroyed Roman on the mic, albeit in wanky insider fashion, has taken the shine off this one a little for me.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

To be honest, I’d be far more interested in Cena vs Reigns if this was the first time they’d done it. That rush job a few years back where Cena destroyed Roman on the mic, albeit in wanky insider fashion, has taken the shine off this one a little for me.

Fair point. I think Roman's boring heel run and Cena's absence for the better part of a year has combined to give it legs though. There's a desire to see Cena beat Roman. Last time, no one really cared either way.