The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

On the other hand, part of me thinks that they see Drew (and perhaps to a lesser extent Lashley) as the Pandemic Era Main Eventers, and that they'll be shoved aside once all the real stars come back.

Other than John Cena and maybe Brock, who are these real stars coming back?

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Other than John Cena and maybe Brock, who are these real stars coming back?

probably just those two tbf, and Becky though obviously in a different division.

It's not so much about "step aside, the big boys are back" as associating Drew with a time period they'd probably rather sweep under the rug - I doubt we'll see much of the last year show up in future highlight reels or anything like that, so I think there's going to be an element of pushing certain talent to one side either permanently or temporarily so as to not have to refer back too much to anything that's happened during the pandemic. That might mean Drew dropping back down to the midcard, it might mean him winning Money In The Bank and getting back on top very soon once live audiences are back, or it could be him winning the Royal Rumble again to win at Wrestlemania in front of an actual audience and pretending the last two years didn't happen.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I doubt we'll see much of the last year show up in future highlight reels or anything like that

Yeah, it would be a good idea to bury it. A video popped up on YouTube last night, "WWE moves you won't believe" or something. It autoplayed and it was footage of Alistair Black and then AJ Styles from the no-atmos era and it's just so fucking stark seeing them work against a backdrop of nothing. As shit as I find the Thunderdome, it is at least something in the background. I can't believe how long they went with that empty warehouse feel. Burn the tapes, all of them.

6 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

That is her name. Prior to this, urban dictionary defined Doudrop as “A woman who is romantically attracted to other women”. I honestly don't know if that's where they took it from or if they mean Dewdrop but couldn't TM it.

Are we to believe that Doudrop is attracted to Eva Marie, then? I haven't been watching so that's a genuine question about what the gimmick actually is. If that's it, then fair enough, Doudrop would sort of make sense (even if it's a very underused word that no fucker knows the meaning of without looking it up).

I still feel like there's a high chance that it's meant to be Dewdrop but someone somewhere couldn't spell so it came out as Doudrop. A bit like when people write "giving someone their do" (instead of "due") because of the way American people speak. Or maybe Dewdrop was copyrighted somewhere. Either way, it's shite.

• Paid Members

Still think Drew has been immense over the last 18 months or so but on weekly TV now he's getting relegated to normal WWE booking..."Jinder steals his sword" to begin a feud ala "Nakumura steals a crown" to begin a feud. 

I know it is what it is but AEW's booking is so much better it's untrue. There's been so few "proper" reasons for feuds in WWE for so long it's no wonder no-one cares anymore.

But "pandemic-era" stars sums it up nicely and it will fit in somewhere just above JBL's main event run.

• Paid Members

Reminded of this by this week's Top Rope Nation pod. Remember the days when the guys on the way up would get a nice win at Mania on their ascent? Here's how the two chumps number one contenders for MITB got on at Mania 37.

WrestleMania 37 in 46 incredible pictures

image.png.559331a29866f2bbd1f605918d6383f3.png

I googled the definition of doudrop but accidentally wrote deudrop which gave me a rather interesting definition from the urban dictionary :

TOP DEFINITION

deudrop

Past tense: deudropped
Verb: deudropping

The excrement that rolls out of your pant leg when you walk and defecate at the same time. Usually done in public and requires a quick leg shake to clear the excrement from your pant leg.

Nick wanted to mess with his friends, so he cut a hole in his pants pocket and bought some milk duds. Later on, when he was with his friends, he grunted, shook his leg, and let a milk dud go. "Oh man! you just deudropped" one of them yelled.

Jose had to poop really bad. He casually walked through the Victoria's Secret store, shook his leg under a clothes rack, and let a deudrop go. The perfect stealth deudrop.

• © 1999-2021 Urban Dictionary 

As good as the falls count anywhere match was, I couldn’t bare the commentators laughing at Riddle tipping up Miz as if it’s the funniest thing in the history of funny things.

Also, where’s Orton at?

Edited by Matthew

I was skimming through the show and saw Karrion Kross was getting his Raw debut. They built it up, they gave him a video package showing his dominance, he got the entrance (alone) holding the NXT title he's defended by battering everyone in his path, we see him laugh as jobber-era Jeff Hardy comes out... and about a minute and a half later babyface Jeff pins Karrion Kross by cheating for no reason. I'm still in disbelief.

What a very odd Raw.

Kross is finished already, if you are a casual fan who doesn't watch NXT you immediately see him as a jobber. (also, Where was his misses?)

Keith Lee is back! And he is already losing.

Despite all the negativity online before hand, Goldberg was mega over.

Nikki cash in felt rushed, a knee jerk reaction to create a shocking finish (and distract us from no Becky, who was the most over woman on the show despite being at home 'breastfeeding')

Bliss has gone back to the Fiend style promos despite being mega over at MITB (there is still a good gimmick in this if they just allow themselves to go with the crowd and not their own writing team).

Rematches. Lots of rematches.

Definitely a step above other Raws this year but still a mess in general.

• Paid Members

Biggest thing for me is the distrust of the crowd reactions now. It's ruined half the intrigue. Don't get me wrong, John Cena is why I'm checking out any of this show, but the crowd are a big part of sticking with it and them fucking with it has spoiled it. Either that or Jackson Ryker is the next Steve Austin. 

Agree with @theringmaster, Lee and Kross losing after a surprise return and a hyped debut respectively would be baffling except this is WWE and that is just what they do.

The cash in, like the win at MITB and nice for Nikki but it's way too early into the character's story for it to mean anything. And it just means that even Charlotte loses after her huge 1 day reign.

The more things change...