The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

10 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Something which just popped into my head when I saw his name on twitter...

So all them weeks of teasing Kross and Joe were for nothing then?

Unless he’s pulling double duty? Can’t imagine him leaving NXT until he’s dropped the title properly. Owens pulled double duty when he first debuted if I recall.

Went back to Raw for first time in a while and there is still nothing on this show for me to be honest.

I moaned about people moaning in the MITB about the canned crowd but jeez I was wrong. That Jaxson Ryker canned noise was awful. People visibly sitting on their arse not moving while the cheers were electric.

Kross losing was bizarre and I don’t have an interest in him without the other part of his act who adds something unique.

Cena was decent and it’s good to see a real star back. I don’t mind Goldberg as much as other people do either so fine with that.

The Alexa stuff could easily be good with a good writer but they don’t have that in them so it’s awful.

• Paid Members

Always tickles me that Raw was given its name in 1993 with a slogan of being a bit gritty and held in a shitty little arena with the tagline of "uncooked, uncut and uncensored."

How fucking far from the truth is that by now?!

WWE overdone.

Edited by garynysmon

I gave the show a go for the first time in a while and I’d forgotten how much of a slog three hours can be. 

It’s very much diminishing returns with Goldberg, given that he lost his last few matches. I perhaps they’re trying to have him replicate Lesnar’s achievements; smashing Kofi, and now this, to build to an eventual showdown, but given their track record when it comes to planning, that’s probably giving them too much credit. 

The Kross stuff was bizarre. I don’t understand the logic at all. I’ve not seen much in Kross as an act, and perhaps they don’t either but fuck, he’s the Champion of their third brand, at least take the title off him before you do something like that. Even if the plan is to give Hardy an NXT title match, having Krista lose like that on his Raw debut is just baffling. 

I’m not a fan of the ASH stuff either, the costume looks like something out of the 1990s Goosebumps TV series, and doesn’t feel like the kind of gimmick a Champion of that calibre should have. At least not at this point anyway, before they’ve fully been able to determine whether or not it’s actually working. 

I hate being so negative about the show, I really do want to enjoy it, but I think this is very much a one-and-done for me. 

• Paid Members

I’d love to know their thought process for this kick they’re on where returning or debuting stars lose instantly. I can’t fathom what it could possibly achieve other than kill momentum, excitement and interest, making you less likely to watch or care going forward.

I know there’s nothing more tired than AEW vs. WWE discourse, but fucking hell does the difference slap you in the face here. How many times has Moxley lost in over two years? Twice? Miro’s never lost. Fucking Christian is undefeated! If there was ever any doubt that you can do a multi-hour weekly show featuring top stars wrestling regularly and still protect the guys you want to push, we’re seeing a living, breathing example every Wednesday night.

First Raw I've seen in months, other than Goldberg nothing at all captured my attention. But even Goldberg felt a bit of a half hearted effort (shit pyros, none of his usual back stage walk, didn't even have a microphone, didn't even spear Lashley).

Presumably Goldberg will spear Lashley and the MITB winner cashes in at Summerslam?

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

I can see Big E cashing in to make it a Triple Threat, just so they can do the old Brock Lesnar multi-man match trick with Goldberg - have him put through the announce table, or speared through the barricade (yawn) early on so he can sit out half the match, but still get the visual of him squaring up to Lashley. Only problem is that I don't think Big E would win in that situation, and I'd rather they build him up a little and get a big victory.

• Paid Members

What's this about Charlotte being billed as a 14 time champion before Money In The Bank but now only being referred to as an 11 time champion? 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

What's this about Charlotte being billed as a 14 time champion before Money In The Bank but now only being referred to as an 11 time champion? 

they've dropped referring to her NXT championships, I believe.

• Paid Members

Presumably they're not "world" championships? I thought they mentioned one of her NXT title Reigns as one of the 11 though? It's like when they revised Ric Flair's down from 20-odd to 16.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Presumably they're not "world" championships? I thought they mentioned one of her NXT title Reigns as one of the 11 though? It's like when they revised Ric Flair's down from 20-odd to 16.

She broke down her 11 title reigns in her promo, 1 Divas title, 5 Smackdown Women's, 5 Raw Women's. Probably best to forget NXT on a show where the NXT Champion loses in 90 seconds to a guy who went about a year without a win on TV.

The Charlotte Flair dropping the NXT titles was downright jarring to me. Again, like Kross, it felt like a direct insult to NXT.

I suppose, like her Father, the actual number v the advertised number will be different....Seriously why do they call Flair 16 time world Champion? It's the most annoying thing ever.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

She broke down her 11 title reigns in her promo, 1 Divas title, 5 Smackdown Women's, 5 Raw Women's. Probably best to forget NXT on a show where the NXT Champion loses in 90 seconds to a guy who went about a year without a win on TV.

Yet they recognise the Divas title. Mind you perish the thought they upset the Legacy od Michelle McCalloway. There would be Trish, Lita, Steph, Beth Phoenix and Santina Marella as well. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz