The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As a point of pedantry, Khans money came from his family. He is a legit businessman in the same way Trump and his kids are. Sure, he may be self sufficient but it’s not as if he started with nothing. 

Absolutely true, but I was given to understand that he'd rather established his own credentials as a businessman in his own right? Happy to be corrected if wrong.

EDIT: Ah, just jumped the last page, so missed the discussion there. Fair enough.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m sure the whole network starting up and Sky still trying to sell PPV’s monthly for £14.95 soured the deal.

Doesn't appear to have deterred BT from making a deal with them, though. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m sure the whole network starting up and Sky still trying to sell PPV’s monthly for £14.95 soured the deal.

The network launched in 2014 and Sky renewed the deal the same year. And were open about launching in the UK at the time so not sure that's a reason

• Awards Moderator
On 9/22/2019 at 1:00 PM, Michael_3165 said:

Other than Jericho and Moxley they have no name talent. Hardly equal to WWEs named value talent and established marketing machine are they. Money doesn't equal experience, market knowledge etc. 

This is pages late but Jon Moxley has recognition but he doesn’t have name value. ‘Dean Ambrose’ has name value. 

4 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This is pages late but Jon Moxley has recognition but he doesn’t have name value. ‘Dean Ambrose’ has name value. 

Anyone familiar with the name Dean Ambrose is probably aware that wrestlers change their names sometimes. As soon as they see a photo of him they won’t be put off by a new name.

As for them not having a channel yet it’s probably either them negotiating which ITV channel to go on or another channel seeing also putting a bid in after seeing the initial success. It isn’t comparable to TNA who wouldn’t have gotten it done due to incompetence 

• Paid Members

I'd much rather a badly delivered promo that feels real than a well delivered promo that feels and sounds like everyone else on the roster.

That's where I think AEW are really going to succeed; by allowing guys to live and die by their own ability. I'll take the bad if it means we also get the good.

Sure, Kip Sabian can't cut a promo to save his life, but if it means we also get stuff like that Moxley and Omega are doing? I'm down.

7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The network launched in 2014 and Sky renewed the deal the same year. And were open about launching in the UK at the time so not sure that's a reason

Sky had just negotiated a deal to get all PPVs on box office and WWE brought out the network the next month, or a very short while after, rendering it somewhat pointless. So there was definitely a bad taste there. I think Sky then kicked off about main event being on the network before it aired in the UK and that's what led to geoblocking of the live feed when it was on (IIRC). 

Edited by hallicks