The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

20 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

That's a shit deal isn't it?

Wait until 8:20am on a fucking Sunday or watch live through what I presume will be some form of FITE paywall. They've dropped a bollock here, especially with WWE not being on Sky, they had a massive chance to make an initial big splash in the UK market. 

They’ve only ‘dropped a bollock’ if they had a choice in the matter.

For a relatively untested product they’ve done fairly well to land a slot on an ITV channel regardless of the time slot.

Saturday and Sunday morning wrestling on Sky One is how I became a fan as a child. For older fans...yeah, the scheduling is a bit shit. But maybe it’ll open the door for newer, younger fans.

Then again, it IS ITV4 on a Sunday morning. Hardly a yoof hotspot...

• Paid Members

So approximately a quid a show to watch it live every week? Not too bad, really.

EDIT: So despite it literally saying it’s applicable to the UK in the release the Twitter feed is now saying it’s not. Fucking get your shit together, lads.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I didn't expect AEW to end up having an even worse timeslot than Impact's Friday late nights on 5Star tbh.

Not really an issue if you have Sky+ or Freeview Play though, in fairness.

EDIT: Thinking about it, given AEW's very hardcore fanbase, I wouldn't be surprised to see a big % of the audience just subscribing to the Fite paid version.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Tony Khan's a massive bullshit artist. You only have to see those media scrums (co-opted website writers) after each show. He seems to have gotten into this to be liked. Which is cool, nobody wants to be seen as a dog shagging Fulham cunt, but like everything that is slightly debatable he's like "oh, that wasnt supposed to happen." Kylie Rae leaving? Mutual decisions, obvs. Thumbtacks and gushers on the show? Oh this is PPV, we'll never do that on TV. Comedy bullshit? "this is a video game convention, not a legit AEW showcase." The dog nearly shits out his kidneys when the pyro goes off? "well, I wasnt a fan of using animals at All In and I'm not now." Well he's the owner. If you dont want Cody Rhodes dog there, tell him "no!" They seem incapable for just going "let's see how it plays out." It reminds me of early 2000s BritWres. They'll think something is a good idea because there is nobody around them to go "that's shit, mate" and when it gets a bad reaction, they'll cry about how "that wasnt how its intended." Madness, man. You can tell he owns a footy club.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay