The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I genuinely don’t understand the severity of the backlash to this...it’s an untested show, so it’s unlikely they had a range of options in terms of a UK deal. There are plenty quality US TV show which struggle/have struggled to even get aired here, never mind in a decent time slot. 

Having said that, perhaps I’ve completely missed something that was said that goes some way towards explaining this response.

Cody chatting up the UK TV deal as the best thing since sliced jam certainly didn't help. Fuck, he even opted for the "It was just a jk lol lads" defense for it.

He clearly speaks out his arse a lot and manages to come off smelling like roses afterwards, but this time that strategy has failed.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

This thing with Cody over-selling the UK TV deal is similar to how The Bucks handled that unprotected chair shot a few months back.

In the end, having the wrestlers themselves positioned as Vice Presidents and spokespersons for your company is always going to run this risk. A carny in a suit is still a carny at heart.

• Paid Members

Most been covered, but details from the new issue of the Observer:

* Original plan was live on ITV4, replay Friday night ITV4, replay Sunday morning ITV 4. That was close enough to a done deal that advertisers were told it was happening.

* Live fell apart very recently because ITV decided they weren't willing to take the steps necessary to address the ads issue.

* They then started talking about Thursday or Friday prime time on ITV4 as the first run. They also did the deal for main ITV on Monday nights. Somebody at ITV then tweeted about it, which wasn't meant to happen till they had the entire package negotiated.

* ITV and AEW are still talking about some form of airing before the Sunday morning, which could be TV or on demand.

* The Sunday morning show will have around eight extra minutes of content to the original US broadcast because of there being more ad time in a two-hour slot there. This might be higher if they have to cut stuff for a morning slot.

* Fite TV isn't something done specifically for the UK market. It's the default option for any country that doesn't have a live TV slot. That's why the Fite Twitter account was getting confused about UK being included or excluded.

• Paid Members

As much as I’m looking forward to the Cody vs. Jericho feud, I’m equally as excited by the idea of them off-shooting into MJF vs. Cody and Dustin vs. Jericho programs. I’m really hoping they tell the story of Dustin trying to win his first World Title before he retires. I bet him and Jericho could have a great match, too.

• Paid Members

33 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Is Dustin going to be an "in ring talent" going forward?

I read he was going to be more a promo coach and helping guys out with there character etc.

I'd love to see a Dustin/Jericho programme though for the belt I have to say.

He'd better be in the ring. He's the best person on the roster.

Edited by WeeAl

4 hours ago, Supremo said:

On a more positive note, I think the colourful posters they’ve put out for this show are brilliant. Hopefully that translates to a colourful show.

2B3E5492-6F57-4039-9CA9-772D019ABCF3.thumb.jpeg.cfb9042c0b3897443f885f5d3e4e831e.jpeg

23D64AC3-12C5-4022-A4FE-741418D92818.thumb.jpeg.6bfb11f72131f3cc7609fad93a4d3c06.jpeg

That looks like the most devastating Abdominal Stretch of all time! 

I’m sure Monsoon would have issues with it.