The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

3 minutes ago, deadmaninc said:

Wrestling promotions think wrestling fans have alot of money to get these services. Plus why should we pay when fans in America and Canada don't have to, even the problem with not showing Fyter Fest and Fight For The Fallen has left a bad taste in my mouth of the promotion. How hard is it to find a UK charity where the money from PPV buys could go and support 

You've just landed yourself a job as the leader of the Entitled Era there!

27 minutes ago, deadmaninc said:

Plus why should we pay when fans in America and Canada don't have to

If only those countries took this stance for PPVs for the last thirty years when we didn’t have to. 

Will they have youtube clips like WWE? In that case, I might catch up on those and then watch the Sunday show.

Would have been good to get a full show on Thursday/Friday night. Would have done some good numbers for ITV I'm sure. Not sure why they haven't gone for that.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If only those countries took this stance for PPVs for the last thirty years when we didn’t have to. 

Still makes me laugh that PPV's only became PPV's after casual fan interest in the WWE product fell off a cliff.

• Paid Members

Christ, there are some moaning bastards around. I'm sure everyone that was looking forward to AEW's debut was hoping for a live, uncut showing to wither watch live or record, but ut hasn't worked out. Throwing your teddies out of the pram won't make ITV suddenly change their minds! An edited, Sunday morning show is a good way to keep abreast of things in the promotion, and if you are really hell bent on watching live, ÂŁ1 a show is a pittance for the enjoyment you would get from it.

Shit, if folk are moaning about this, I'm ust glad there was no internet back in the late 80's/early 90's, when all we had was a couple of hour long squash shows to keep up with things, and if I remember right, it was a fair old gap between RAW starting in the US and us actually getting it over here. I remember being jelous as hell that the American fans got to see "competative" matches between actual stars on a weekly basis...

Sorry for being passionate. Plus the ONLY thing you get extra for the ondemand service is stupid backstage footage nothing about PPV to temp fans to sign up the WWE Network is best for money instead of the fite tv deal 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, deadmaninc said:

Sorry for being passionate. Plus the ONLY thing you get extra for the ondemand service is stupid backstage footage nothing about PPV to temp fans to sign up the WWE Network is best for money instead of the fite tv deal 

They never said the PPV's would be included though. From the start, it's been obvious that the PPV's would be just that, "Pay-Per-View". The two "free" shows that the American market got were only free as they were not considered big enough shows to sell. I can imagine the only reason we had to pay, is that no network were willing to carry them for free..

6 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Christ, there are some moaning bastards around. I'm sure everyone that was looking forward to AEW's debut was hoping for a live, uncut showing to wither watch live or record, but ut hasn't worked out. Throwing your teddies out of the pram won't make ITV suddenly change their minds! An edited, Sunday morning show is a good way to keep abreast of things in the promotion, and if you are really hell bent on watching live, ÂŁ1 a show is a pittance for the enjoyment you would get from it.

Shit, if folk are moaning about this, I'm ust glad there was no internet back in the late 80's/early 90's, when all we had was a couple of hour long squash shows to keep up with things, and if I remember right, it was a fair old gap between RAW starting in the US and us actually getting it over here. I remember being jelous as hell that the American fans got to see "competative" matches between actual stars on a weekly basis...

In fairness, I don't know if anyone is 'throwing teddies out of the pram' or are under the illusion itll make any difference, just expressing disapointment that the deal Cody Rhodes promised was all pretty much hot air.

I'm not THAT bothered, but it is dissapointing and since its a wrestling forum i'm not entirely surprised to see people talking about it.

Just now, King Pitcos said:

AEW have turned heel in the UK with this, but they’re still babyfaces in the US. If Punk goes there to do his anti-establishment gimmick, he’ll be representing the Real Wrestling Fans of Great Britain!

And now you've got me hoping that he'll transition into a Johnny Rotten-esque gimmick on his return.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

In fairness, I don't know if anyone is 'throwing teddies out of the pram' or are under the illusion itll make any difference, just expressing disapointment that the deal Cody Rhodes promised was all pretty much hot air.

I'm not THAT bothered, but it is dissapointing and since its a wrestling forum i'm not entirely surprised to see people talking about it.

It's not just on here though, some of the posts on the various social media platforms are embarrasing.