The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

Imagine being so precious about how much of a fucking scav you are that you object to paying the price of a pint for 8 hours of wrestling.

You weren't fussed about AEW until it became the lens through which we could view your idiocy.

Well, a pint is seven quid where I am so... i'd go for pint as well.

9 minutes ago, Bohan said:

7 quid? Where do you bloody live, inside Wembley Stadium?

Haha I travel between Amsterdam and UK to see family every couple weeks. I'd die for UK prices. 😫

Edited by Worthits

Right, so I've paid my £4.89, I don't start work until noon tomorrow and I'm loading up on caffeine ready to watch this live.

I don't care too much about surprises although I imagine there will be some. I'm cautiously optimistic about them fixing some of the issues that I've had with the show. Foremost for me is that Schiavone HAS to be lead commentator, right? I think Ross has a place at the table but it's not as the lead. I've gone on enough about Excalibur (He's class), but yeah I think Schiavone as lead with Ross and Excalibur playing old school/ new school colour guys has the seeds of an excellent team.

I think you'll see less goofy comedy, in fact I think Fyter Fest was basically the peak of that and that was very much a theme show. 

At the end of the day though, it's nice to have a main stream product I can support without feeling dirty again. Well, until those rumours about Tony Khan fucking dead dogs turn out to be true.

17 hours ago, Seratonin said:

Imagine paying 4 quid a month to watch Jimmy Havoc. 

The same Jimmy Havoc who was a major part in the resurgence of British Wrestling and was also part of one of the best story-lines in wrestling in general in the last few years? 

Yeah, doesn't sound too bad to me! 

• Paid Members

I know it's massively unlikely, but I'm holding out hope that Punk turns up on AEW. It'd be the biggest move they could make right now, and it'd show a surprising amount of savvy in playing the publicity game. It's mainly just hope which I'm not ready to let go of yet - I have a lot of interest in Punk in AEW. It'd be new, it'd be different and I really think it's the most interesting thing he could do. I don't watch WWE any more, and Punk wouldn't be a difference-maker for me, but I'd fully expect he'd end up feuding with Baron Corbin in no time.

So, if it doesn't happen tonight, that's fine. I'd love it if it does, but I'm not expecting it. But fuck it, fingers crossed, eh?

• Paid Members

I never really enjoyed Punk in ROH or TNA. I know it was a long time ago but he's above that. I'd love to see him back in WWE shaking stuff up. His old schtick doesn't hold up now but he can get anything over to his audience.